Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,232   Online: 750

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Winter is usually when I do most of my photographing under the Redwoods -- the views open up a bit with the berry leaves gone and leaves of other shrubs and small trees (maples, alders) are gone, also. Between storms there is often nice still air for those lone exposures. Plus I try to get to Yosemite for a few days in the winter. It has been awhile since I could take off for the SW for a week or so of photographing in the desert.

Vaughn
    Last edited by Vaughn; 12-05-2008 at 03:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Good idea! Since I'm from Southern California where you can surf with proper clothing and ski in the winter; I'll be at big bear and Lake Arrowhead this January!!!
    Don't forget your ND filters and Polarizers.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Winter .

Revisiting your summer locations can give a nice twist.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Train St. Winter 08.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cocklin View Post
    It's a left turn at the traffic light denoting the end of the actual park, then about a mile down that road (I believe it's 452?) Short walk to get set up with the snow-filling creek flowing under the bridge...

Route 252, on the western edge of the park at Yellow Springs Road. The park has lots of candidates to point a lens at (from the "Argust 8th" activities).

DaveT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A good challenge of your techniques is to be able to take, print and frame a diptych, one image made in the Summer on a sunny day, the other on a snowy, foggy Winter day.

Ian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ron110n View Post
    Good idea! Since I'm from Southern California where you can surf with proper clothing and ski in the winter...
    I was just down there for Thanksgiving (San Clemente)...we spent most of the time in the ocean...I love body-surfing! The water was warm -- lower 60'sF.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's not so much the weather that gets me, but the fact that by the time I leave work during the week it is nearly, or sometimes completely dark. It's so frustrating! I covet my weekends during this season.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    Route 252, on the western edge of the park at Yellow Springs Road. The park has lots of candidates to point a lens at (from the "Argust 8th" activities).

DaveT
    That's the one! I thought it might be 252 but it's been a few years since I've been back there. That park holds a lot of fond memories for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm going to do a few still lifes, I may explore the subject of longing, and I'm possibly going to start a series of portraits of friends and family.

We'll see.

All I know is that I'll be finding as many things to shoot inside as possible. I'm not much fond of the cold.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I photograph basically the same stuff as in summer, but I actually prefer winter and shoot a lot more. My Hasselblad has had almost 60 rolls of film through it since Fall began, while I shot about 20 rolls all summer. I like the overcast light, the fog, the snow. The harsh summer sun that shines through most of the spring and summer here in Indiana is ugly for me. I've been known to stand out in the cold for hours working, not realizing just HOW cold I am till I try to talk to someone and realize I am so frozen that I can't talk tight (mouth frozen!). I wear an old Soviet army coat and fur hat, which feels very warm, but after 5 hours in knee deep snow even that won't keep you warm!

Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin