Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,500   Posts: 1,543,316   Online: 916

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Any aviation photographers here?

Anyone else into aviation photography? I got the bug again after visiting the two local airports last week. I especially brought my IIIf w/Canon 135/3.5

Unfortunately it seems that aviation photographers have all gone digital (A.net doesn't talk about film anymore.) However I was cheered-up last week when at Centrair a gentleman next to me had a black-body Pentax film somethingorother

Yes, I actually did entertain the thought of bringing my Rolleiflex with me next time
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh -as in of planes. I can almost feel for actual aerial photographers who have gone to the D side. No need to keep the versamat processor tuned up, or to have to process hundreds of feet of film and get it all printed to get the client the data they wanted. I think an SLR would have the edge if you are taking pictures of planes, since usally they are hundreds of feet away behing tall fences around here.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I prefer action shots. See my gallery!

PE

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mike,

Hauling the data storage device of a Vexcel UltraCam out of a plane is no fun either...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Looking for a new camera for plane spotting got me on photography. But I ended not doing any of it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oddly enough I am an airline pilot and shoot a lot of photos of airplanes.

These are ALL digital and I am sure I am gonna hear about but they are fun.
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=6742c9ebc0
    Not all of them are airplanes but that album was to show my friends back home what my job is like

I have taken my rangefinder and recently my TLR with me but I am so tired of taking pictures of airplanes I usually take photos of where I am at my overnight. Its great to spend 18 hours at some new place 2-3 nights a week as a photographer. I never run out of things to take photos of.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi,
    Oops sorry about the above being removed...hit wrong button.
    I do some aircraft photography.
    Rich

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have done it and would like to do it again, see the link but ignore the rather bad scans (all done with Hasselblad on provia with a lot of flashlight of +/- 12 600 Joules).
    http://www.photoeil.be/com/aviation/...eechcraft.html

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I fly also, and always have a camera with me. No digital, always film. Photo of my co-pilot attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reilly-Co-Pilot-for-Web.jpg  
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Aviation Photography. If you are referring to Aerial Photography that's what I do in the DelMarVa area... I also take some ground based airport and airplane pics with my YashicaMat or my Agfa Isolette folder for my own enjoyment. Aerial Photography is done digitally so the clients can get their "I need it yesterday" photos quickly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin