Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,232   Online: 688

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Idiots!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a shot from 1975 which shows a black cat lying on its side side on a red shag rug looking at the camera. The red bedspread on the bed it was lying next to is reflected in one eye, making that eye appear red. People used to say it was a cool shot, and ask how I got it, to which I would reply, "Anticipate it and watch for it to happen". Now, all I get is how easy it is to do that in post processing. All I can say in response is that they just don't get it.
    The biggest problem I have with the ease of manipulation these days is how it's assumed that's how something's done, and people miss out on the realization that what they're looking at really happened.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Awww ... shit ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And this ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [[[shudder]]]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't be so harsh. Imitation is the sincerest for of flattery. Obviously digital processes leave people cold and folks are trying to mimic an analog look. They're looking for more of an organic look would be my guess. They're looking for the perfect flaw. It's the difference the two process is like tasting saccharin while sugar is better.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Perhaps we should make a mask to simulate the bronzing, banding, and flatness of tone seen in digital monochrome.

One other interesting anecdote. I turned in a print the other day for photo critique. It was flawless and probably the best work I have ever done. I caught my professor feeling of the paper. When I asked her what she was doing, she replied "just making sure this isn't inkjet paper." Talk about insulting.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For a long time, I've been studying the "catchlight" patterns in a number of publications - mainly fashiom mags - as a rough indicatication of the light setups. As it would be with plain spherical Christmas tree onaments (or hubcaps) the eye reflections indicate light positioning; form (umbrellas are VERY common) - softboxes and their size; and to a degree, intensity.

What frosts my cookie is greatly differing catchlight patterns in the eyes of more than one model in a single frame. Obviously a montage of separate images - unless someone has devised a method "erasing and adding" - similar to a portrait taken outdoors with two or more suns in the sky.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    who cares what "they" are doing ?
    i certainly don't ...

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Reminds me of what my Dad used to say:

There is a limit to intelligence, but there is no limit to stupidity!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A few years ago, one of our designers at work did a design which had a photo from a very early auto race depicted within a border that had 35mm sprocket holes. I laughed at their ignorance and told them there was no way that image would have been taken on 35mm film. It was so obvious since the amount of ovaling present on the wheels would have at least required a 4x5 with focal plane shutter.

They didn't seem to understand.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin