Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,943   Online: 1015

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not sure that I need special. I do need fun, good, interesting, pleasant, creative, expressive, enjoyable, challenging, satisfying, pretty, striking, unusual, comforting, funny, "a good cry", motivational, decorative, absorbing .....

Or some combination of all of the above.

I guess it is the way that I and each of the above combine that might constitute "special"

I've never thought it all that important that someone is strikingly original, although I find it interesting and sometimes inspiring when someone is.

New and different does not necessarily equate with "better", although they can be better.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In my little world, I'm the guy. In the big scheme of things, I don't exist.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the world of photography my stuff isn't special. However for family and friends, it's something they like and something I like doing. I guess sharing my photos so it gives someone a smile is what makes it special.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CD55 View Post
    In the world of photography my stuff isn't special. However for family and friends, it's something they like and something I like doing. I guess sharing my photos so it gives someone a smile is what makes it special.
    Today my brother, sister and father asked me for enlargments. My photos are special to them, to friends and family. This is enough. At least at the moment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Far more people talk than make photographs. I suspect they do so because they think they have something to say...as do I. It's the same reason I make photographs.
    John Voss

My Blog

Images
    Far more people talk than have something to say. The world is filled with lots of empty words and an equal number of empty photographs. The difference is for you John Voss is that you have something to say and you say it better than just about anyone I've ever seen. And that includes Ansel, Sexton and the other "greats". Special in photography is the same as it is in any other art form. When you expereince it you know something has hit you with meaning. All I have to do to understand special is look at the photos posted. As far as my own photos I've never thought of myself or what I do with the camera as anything special. I just love it is all.
    JOHN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well... I hesitate to say this in public... people will think I'm strange or something... but when I shoot photos with my 4x5, all the images are upside down on the groundglass... but the negatives come out right side up!!
    Let's just keep this between us, shall we? I don't want anyone else to know about this.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Meaning no disrespect, but what makes you believe I think I am, such that you would challenge me with that question in the first place?

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddym View Post
    Well... I hesitate to say this in public... people will think I'm strange or something... but when I shoot photos with my 4x5, all the images are upside down on the groundglass... but the negatives come out right side up!!
    Let's just keep this between us, shall we? I don't want anyone else to know about this.
    Sheesh, and I thought it was just me. Mine are backwards too.
    JOHN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JMcLaug351 View Post
    As far as my own photos I've never thought of myself or what I do with the camera as anything special. I just love it is all.
    JOHN
    Actually, John, I feel pretty much the same way about my photographs, but I'm deeply flattered that you think my work is worthwhile. Thank you for your very kind comments.
    John Voss

My Blog

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin