Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,957   Online: 769

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    My photos are special because they are mine, every last slanted, crooked, mis-framed, out of focus, poorly lit, badly composed, and tacky shot. Some I show off, and lots I do not, but they bring me and my family joy, and that is what makes them the most special.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Legge View Post
    My work isn't special. I post much of it on flickr and am lucky if two people look at each picture. I don't have vision or style that is unique. I have no audience. There is simply no reason for anyone to spend time checking it out given the volume of great work out there. It would be nice to say I expect to improve over time but I simply know that isn't the case.

I've grown to be okay with it all; my work is just part of the din of images out there.
    You made me look! I couldn't resist, I had to become a contact as I feel we might be kindred spirits!

Why am I special? Like Brian above, my pictures don't get much of a look in, compared to a lot of others. I, as well, have come to accept this, but only to a point.

I have to be honest, I have an ego, just like the next bloke and the bloke next to him. My ego feels good when others like or makes comment on my photos. Does this make me egotistical? Hardly, it makes me human.

But, I have come to accept that my view on life photographically is different to the next bloke. What I now need to achieve in myself is to be true to myself and stick with what I like and not shoot photos that I think the vast majority would like. Its harder then you think!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great points and very good question.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I'm not special, but I don't really care. I just love photography, that's it!

Jeff
    couldn't agree more

Shooter
    35mm
    Newbie on this forum, this seems like a good place to start..

I really enjoy what I do, and that feels special enough for me, and regarding special, aren't we all special??

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a love affair with my city, Rome, and I don't keep it secret, I actually take pictures over pictures of her, and the more I do it, the more I know her, the more I feel I love her, and that she loves me in return.

Some of those pictures get published somewhere, most don't. Some heir will find them, one day, by the thousand, and they will be a nice portrait of the Rome of my lifetime.

I'm basically raising some kind of a "secret" monument to Rome that nobody, but myself and a happy few, will ever admire

Fabrizio

PS On a more serious tone, producing images for stock agencies keeps me focused on results and motivated. Ars gratia artis might not work in the long run. In a long journey one has to have a distant point where to look at, or the journey becomes a wandering without direction.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Love is always special -- be it for Rome, the Redwoods, or just the light itself.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin