Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,573   Online: 1017

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1994 View Post
    Oh dear. However being rubbish means it has character - Reading is so mediocre that to me it has little character.

Anyway, the above it not so true, I shot a roll of FP4+ and was pleasantly surprised by the results. This is my fave from the roll: I entitle it 'Suburbia: Land of Contrast'

Couple more:

What do you think?
    Well done indeed. You just proved there are interesting things to photograph even in mundane surroundings. We all need to open our I(magination).
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Tent, exploring and the four dogs?
    Not likely. I'll take one, my wife will have to stay home and dog-sit the other three. The price she has to pay for getting rid of me for a while.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alex, I especially like the contrasting cars.

Whenever I feel I've run out of subjects in my immediate (walkable) neighbourhood I find my vision is freshened if I go out with a different camera, or colour film instead of b&w, or at a different time of day.

Spoilt for choice if I get in the car, of course. City, harbour, parks, ocean, islands, mountains, trees, lakes, rivers..... all less than an hour from home.

John, I like the idea of an APUG house swap arrangement. Who wants to visit Vancouver Island? No pets, but you'd have to keep the bird feeders topped up.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    "The material of the artist lies not within himself nor in the fabrications of his imagination, but in the world around him. The element which gives life to the great Picassos and Cezannes, to the paintings of Van Gogh, is the relationship of the artist to context, to the truth of the real world. It is the way he sees this world and translates it into art that determines whether the work of art becomes a new and active force within reality, to widen and transform man's experience. The artist's world is limitless. It can be found anywhere far from where he lives or a few feet away. It is always on his doorstep."

- Paul Strand, Paul Strand : The World on My Doorstep, the Years 1950 to 1976 by Paul Strand, Catherine Duncan, Ute Eskildsen (Contributor), Cesare Zavattini (Contributor) , ISBN: 0893815454
    Jim

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin