Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,838   Posts: 1,582,467   Online: 762

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Worker 11811 View Post
    I was going to say something along those lines but you beat me to it.

I avoid saying the phrase, to my wife, "I still love you," because the word "still" implies that I might have stopped loving her at some point in time. I love my wife. I don't need to prove it by using affirmatives.

Using the phrase, "I still shoot film," has the same implication. I shoot photographs. I just happen to use film to do it.
    Awww, C'mon. You know we're a bunch of weirdos here. Sad as it may be, we do need to justify our fetish for film.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Photography and specializing in film is probably one of the most normal things about me.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look at it this way instead---"still" also suggests that something never changed from its original state.

I'm still male.
    I'm still aging.
    I still dream of marrying Charlize Theron.
    I still use modern technology to post/discuss pictures I have taken on old-fashioned formats.

Shooter
    35mm
    Glad to see some of you are interested in participating!

The name comes from the fact that when I started the blog almost 6 years ago, it was all my own photography. Over time it's evolved into an awesome community of film lovers. I hope that whether you like the name or not, the content will inspire you to shoot more film

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Ohhhh FFS - either join or don't join. Please don't rubbish ISSF and the name of the blog. Any promotion of the joys of shooting film can only be a good thing.

ISSF, good work and keep it up. I have noticed there are a few blogs like yours committed to the use of film popping up. Its good to see and an encouraging way to promote shooting film

Cheers

PS - don't be a stranger - hate for you to be a 1 post wonder, with the only thing you do on this forum is promoting your blog!
    Thank you Hoffy. Attitudes like you are responding too have made this place antogonistic and exude a level of arrogance people do not want to deal with.

I also appreciate your PS.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I understand some people's concern on the name and their reasons but many young people getting into photography the last few years, and with the barrage of marketing of new "miracle" digicams and the now now now hype around photography I think the title is quite appropriate.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Wonderful blog OP!

Hoffy - If I ever make it to AU, I'd love to buy you a beer! Thanks for sticking up for folks. People like you who stand up are to be commended.

To the Debbie-Downers who feel the need to knock the OP's blog title/rationale/etc.....please go to Blogger and start your own blog. I am sure your blog "Photography" or "I love Photography" will sure stand out amongst all the rest with a nice sterile name.
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Some nice images, especially Ian's.

Don't particularly care for the terms of service. No thank you. More then happy tho to view the images.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    I know, those are Tumblr's terms of service... unfortunately part of using the platform.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin