Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,365   Online: 1097

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Looking for film photographers

Hello everyone! I run a blog called I Still Shoot Film, which is (obviously) all about film photography. ISSF features a wide array of photographers from around the world, plus guides, articles and product reviews. We are currently looking for contributors which includes (but is not at all limited to):

- film photo submissions
    - guest posts
    - portfolio submissions

Anyone who is interested, please feel free to have a look at the site here: I Still Shoot Film and the submission guidelines here: Submit Your Film Photos - I Still Shoot Film

Or feel free to shoot me an email at istillshootfilm@gmail.com if you have any questions

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've enjoyed your blog for a while, thanks.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have a bit of a problem with the title "I still shoot film", as I don't feel even the title "I shoot film" is something I need to mention or justify.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks good!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    nice site. lots of interesting work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I have a bit of a problem with the title "I still shoot film", as I don't feel even the title "I shoot film" is something I need to mention or justify.
    I was going to say something along those lines but you beat me to it.

I avoid saying the phrase, to my wife, "I still love you," because the word "still" implies that I might have stopped loving her at some point in time. I love my wife. I don't need to prove it by using affirmatives.

Using the phrase, "I still shoot film," has the same implication. I shoot photographs. I just happen to use film to do it.

I will use film until there is no more film to use. Even then, I will give serious consideration to making my own. If I had the time and money, I would start learning now but, being seriously underemployed, budgetary considerations are hindering that effort.

Until the financial situation changes, I simply specialize in film photography.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ohhhh FFS - either join or don't join. Please don't rubbish ISSF and the name of the blog. Any promotion of the joys of shooting film can only be a good thing.

ISSF, good work and keep it up. I have noticed there are a few blogs like yours committed to the use of film popping up. Its good to see and an encouraging way to promote shooting film

Cheers

PS - don't be a stranger - hate for you to be a 1 post wonder, with the only thing you do on this forum is promoting your blog!
    Last edited by hoffy; 05-06-2013 at 10:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I still love you, too, honey.
    Randy S.

-----

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Worker 11811 View Post
    I still love you, too, honey.
    Whats for dinner? And don't forget to wear that little number I bought you last week

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bring a bottle of champagne and I'll wear whatever you like.

I will check out the blog and likely participate. The point I make is matter-of-fact. I make photographs. Film photographs. Always have. Always will.
    Randy S.

-----

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin