Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,665   Posts: 1,481,686   Online: 754

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Large Format Photographers and Cancer Benefit

Greetings LF Photographers

The 2008 date for the Raid Our Gallery Cancer Benefit for the Middlesex Hospital is finalized, Monday October 27th 2008.

There will be slight variations on last years format in the hopes of making a terrific event even better for contributing photographers. The hospital is exploring possibilities to partner with Wesleyan University to host an exhibit of the submitted entries. As was the case last year, TV, radio and print coverage is planned.

To refresh your memory as to how the event works. Each contributing LF photographers donates three different images. In exchange for your contribution you will receive one ticket whose matching number will be randomly drawn at which time you may choose which ever image from the remaining images you desire. You may do this in person or through proxy vote after viewing images on the NEFPC web site.

Your images maybe output using traditional or digital processes. Each image must be film captured in 4x5 or larger film. Finished prints are mounted to outside dimensions of 14x18, 16x20 or 15x25.

Deadline for submission is September 1st to accommodate possibility of University gallery show.

To track updated information please visit the New England Large Format Photography Collective web site at http://www.nelfpc.com/ To view last year's Raid Our Gallery show please visit this link: http://photographs-johng.com/ROG2/

Last year's show raised over $20,000.00 for the Middlesex Cancer Center, in 2008 we are aiming for $30,000.00+ Please join us again this year for a truly unique and rewarding opportunity to exhibit your LF photographs.

Many thanks and warm regards, Steve Sherman
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I participated last year and it was a very good experience on all levels. You can count on me again this year!
    All you LF photogers, please consider joining in... it's a very good cause to support.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm really hoping that I can do something this year. My great aunt and my mom's dad and my dad's mom have all had cancer. This would be a great opportunity to give back to a charity that I really believe in.

I'm just getting started in large format, though. Is that okay?
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    8x10 Format

rog

As a participant last year, I can attest to not only the quality of the entries, but the sense of goodwill at raising money for a great cause. Hope to see many of you involved. Plus, I walked away with a great print!
    Tim

Shooter
    35mm
    What do you do, auction off the prints? Is there also an event where you charge admission?

I'd love to hear how you raise the money (so I can attempt something like it as well.)
    Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gothamtomato View Post
    What do you do, auction off the prints? Is there also an event where you charge admission?

I'd love to hear how you raise the money (so I can attempt something like it as well.)
    Thanks.
    The website explains how it all works. See Steve's original post.

Of course I wouldn't miss this event for the world.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gothamtomato View Post

Thanks.
    Here's a link from the 2007 event explaining how the funds are raised:
    http://www.nelfpc.com/id6.html
    Tim
    Last edited by climbabout; 04-30-2008 at 02:02 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: forgot link

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm game. How do I sign up?

Steve
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by magic823 View Post
    I'm game. How do I sign up?

Steve
    You can PM me for the address to send the images to or email me at steve@steve-sherman.com

Our goal this year is 75 LF photographers so we are glad to see such early activity.

Many thanks!
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    mark me down again this year.

lee\c

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin