Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,540   Posts: 1,572,766   Online: 886

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose A Martinez View Post
    I had a show in San Miguel de Allende this summer and the director of the Queretaro's Museum of Art saw the expo and contact me to give me date next year, in the summer too.
    Jose,

I saw your exhibition at Bellas Artes a couple weeks ago, muy interesante. Congrats on Queretaro's interest.
    Miguel Asensio
    photos, motos & autos
    -------------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I managed to get one print exhibited at the Minnesota State Fair this year. 1972 people tried to get various forms of artwork displayed, and only 300 or so were successful. Prior to that I had a coffee shop show that only resulted in moving 2 prints, and led to another sale of one print not in the show. Oh well.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose A Martinez View Post
    Congratulations Suzanne, I need to go to NY but haven't decided the date, hope that I can catch your show.

I had a show in San Miguel de Allende this summer and the director of the Queretaro's Museum of Art saw the expo and contact me to give me date next year, in the summer too. The show is a full digital work (I don't use an actual digital camera, I scan the subjects in a flat bed scaner and, after some cleaning in Photoshop, I print them Lamda or Lightjet) and I don't know if it's correct to advertise it here . You can see the whole thing in this URL:

www.joseantoniophoto.com
    Congrats... and if it influences your schedule, my opening will be Oct. 16th!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gracias Miguel.
    Jose A. Martinez

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Suzanne, your are twisting my arm, but I have to find the money to be there. I hope I can make it.
    Jose A. Martinez

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I do not post frequently, but I read here at lot. This is a great site and the people here are genuine. I found this thread and I felt it was important to contribute.

In 2007 I was accepted into 13 juried exhibitions by sending in my artwork to calls for entries (I submitted to 20 to 25 in total). I had framed photographs traveling all over the country. I had to pay for shipping both ways. The most hectic was arranging for two photographs to be delivered to an exhibition while I was on an extended photography trip in northern Canada. Those did not sell either. Nearly all of my pieces returned with scratches on the Plexiglas (can’t ship glass).

With every submission I sent along a very professional packet, cover letter, business card, and a small 2” x 2” accordion booklet of my work (about 5 tiny photographs). After every acceptance I sent a thank you card expressing my sincerest appreciation.

In 2008 I decided to limit my exposure to regional shows (to reduce my costs) and to shows with “names” such as museums or similar that would mean something on my resume. I am glad that I did.

This past spring I had a best in show for photography at The Trenton Museum--which received local press. I also received prize money. That photograph is now a part of the museum’s permanent collection.

From submitting to these exhibitions I was fortunate to meet one or two very nice gallery owners who recommended me to others and gave me good advice. One was very helpful because she recommended that I submit my artwork to a regional hospital expansion and I sold 4 or 5 pieces for about $2,000 in total.

I am glad that I used these juried exhibitions and I would do it all over again!

FYI: All artwork originated from 645-transparency film.
    Last edited by Derek Jecxz; 08-31-2008 at 10:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's wonderful to read what everyone is up to and I'm especially proud of Suzanne's latest achievement, well done!
    If you're interested, Photo Review Australia, Spring Issue # 37 (current) has an article on my work.
    I need to step back a bit and take it easy for a while, but in the interim can be reached via email.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to announce that I've been rejected for the FIFTH time to the "Mexico's Biennale for Photography", the bad news. The good is that I'll have an exposition of my transvestite work at the art gallery of the "Claustro de Sor Juana's University", the next February, starting the 11th. until the 20th of March.
    Jose A. Martinez

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A photograph I made during a trip last year to China was a winner with Applied Arts magazine, in Toronto. It's a magazine for the graphic arts/design/ad agency crowd in Hogtown.

http://www.appliedartsmag.com/awards...o-illustration

And I have an exhibition at a gallery in my own (small) city coming up, the pictures hang December 18th.
    The show (tentatively called "Latent Country") is hand-printed B&W images from 2 trips to China, all made with my Widelux F7. And I'd be remiss if I didn't say that the information and wisdom I gained from this forum and its people were absolutely invaluable in producing the show.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I received an e-mail yesterday telling me I had been short listed for the 'Isle of Wight Photographer of the Year' competition. A very grand title for a small event.

The fifty shortlisted entries will be exhibited at a local arts centre then at Dimbola Lodge (Julia Magaret Cameron's former home and now a photographic museum).

I expect my image was one of just a handful of traditionally produced images amongst mainly digital submissions.

http://www.iwpoy.org/award/
    http://www.dimbola.co.uk/index.php?o...05&Itemid=1002

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RB67-Post-Rope.jpg  
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin