Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,290   Online: 765

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    In March of this year, my photo-book/portfolio was finally published at publisher "P" in Leuven (Belgium).
    The book is a small but fine object with 20 B&W pictures very well printed in duo-tone and varnished with a slightly warmly tinted varnish. The pictures were accompanied by 20 intriguing poems by a friend - poet Johan van Cauwenberge.
    The tittle is "Voor de zondvloed", freely translated : "Before the Flood", and was dedicated to Nadar who was an antediluvian "d'avant la lettre".
    The book was presented during a small show with some the pictures.

In attachment the photo shown on the poster announcing the book and the show.

Philippe
    Last edited by Philippe-Georges; 01-12-2009 at 01:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations Philippe, I die of envy. How many they print? Do the publisher sells on line?
    Jose A. Martinez

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had been on a hiatus from the darkroom for a couple years before 2007. Prior to then I had done mostly black & white film photography for many years for personal enjoyment and decided to take it up a notch or two by purchasing top quality equipment at dirt cheap prices compared to the prices of the pre-digital era. I could not afford the equipment to get the images I can today. (hurray for us!!)

Coming off from my first show in September 2008 at a Deli Gallery in Minneapolis I had two of 5 pcs selected for an upcoming show in January 2009 at the Minneapolis Foundation in downtown Minneapolis. There were three judges selecting art to display. The judges consisted of the curator from the Weismann Art Institute as well as from The Walker Art Institute here in Minneapolis, not sure where the other judge was from. Many entries were turned down so I was quite honored. I am also starting to sell some pieces to help the cause.

I want to thank many of the APUG members for their vast knowledge of the trade and still feel I have so much more to learn about analog photography.

Steve Zimmerman
    Last edited by ishutteratthethought; 11-26-2008 at 12:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose A Martinez View Post
    Congratulations Philippe, I die of envy. How many they print? Do the publisher sells on line?
    Well, there were about 425 printed on high quality paper, NOVATECH 170 gr., and typesetted in Perpetua and bound in a rough and very sober cardboard.
    The scanning of the prints was very well done, on a brand new Heidelberg drum scanner, by Bema-Graphics. Together with the canner operator, it took us a long time to fine tune the scanning and to fit the ink colours (a certain tone of black and grey) and ink densities as well as the toning of the varnish and the effect on the paper.

25 of them were released with a signed handmade print on baryta paper (25 x 40 cm), the right half was the picture (see attachment) and the left half was a poem, hand written by the poet. These were numbered and signed by us. Almost all of then were sold, so the project came out not to bad financially, the Publisher is rather small...
    One can buy the book via the publishers website : www.uitgeverij-p.be, ISBN 978-90-79433-02-5.

Philippe

P.S. do not die of envy to mutch, I had to wait for 5 years till the book came out, it took 4 years till the poet finished his writing, but it was more than worth it!
    Last edited by Philippe-Georges; 02-10-2009 at 01:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Onward 09

I just got this print of mine accepted to Onward 09, so I'm very excited. Who else from APUG got accepted?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Benaim_Gabriel_01.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Suzanne Revy and I were among those selected to be in the Texas Photographic Society members only show. http://www.texasphoto.org/ExMOS.html

Any other apugger on the list?
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Suzanne Revy and I were among those selected to be in the Texas Photographic Society members only show.
    Congrats to Valerie and Suzanne!

And ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Recently won an award during the first time photography was included in an exhibition at the major Osaka museum.
    We were a small contingent representing Canada and it was an honour to be part of the representation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IFA Award.jpg   Iron Creek - near Cranbrook, BC-lr.jpg  
    Last edited by PhotoBob; 12-12-2008 at 02:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Suzanne Revy and I were among those selected to be in the Texas Photographic Society members only show. http://www.texasphoto.org/ExMOS.html

Any other apugger on the list?
    Congratulations Suzanne and Valerie (see Valerie I did not tell anyone this time )

Speaking the TPS, they also had a Alt Process show - anyone have work in it? I know Chris Anderson (alt process list) has work in the show.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Congratulations to Suzanne and Valerie
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin