Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,026   Online: 697

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

So, how did you do?--Blow your own horn!

Since we have a forum for calls for entries to competitions, juried shows, and such, we've decided to add a sticky thread for individuals to let everyone know how they did. Don't be bashful! Shameless self-promotion is encouraged. If you've been accepted into a juried show or have placed in a contest, announce it to APUG, and if you have a scan of the winning image, please post it here if you can.

This item isn't for debate about whether some particular contest was fair, or whether competition in the arts is a good thing or not, or for sour grapes, or for complaints about the "art establishment" if such a thing exists. We've got other places for that.

This thread is for APUG members to celebrate their success.

So how'd you do?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well.... I won a Spring competition that is open to all Wisconsin-based camera clubs in the category of Best Small Open Print. It was an 8x10 of dune grass in the early morning. I also received 3 HMs at this competition... one was of a BW print of Bill's boat.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In the last couple of months, I showed at the Art Center in Highland Park, IL and actually sold a print (a big deal for me). I also managed to get a print accepted into an Illinois literary arts magazine called East of Central. The interesting challange for the literary arts magazine is that they accept the art submissions by how well they work with the literary work on the facing page....plus the magazine is in portrait layout.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails busy beesmall .jpg   lasalle st bridge small.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    In a recent panel comptetion within our club my panel of 6 prints tied for first place. But what what was really satisfying about it was that both of us are among the few remaining analog photographers in the club.

Cheers
    TEX

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    I am showing a photo called Speckled Hen in the juried show "Critters" at the New Orleans Photo Alliance. The show was juried by Keith Carter. It was fun to print some animal pictures to submit.

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hen600.jpg  
    Last edited by Jon Shiu; 06-22-2008 at 01:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Shiu View Post
    I am showing a photo called Speckled Hen in the juried show "Critters" at the New Orleans Photo Alliance. The show was juried by Keith Carter. It was fun to print some animal pictures to submit.

Jon
    Great image....and a great one to submit knowing Keith Carter is the juror! I love his work and I can see him liking this image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I submitted eight images to a regional grant for jurying by Allison Kemmerer, curator or art after 1950 and photography at the Addison Gallery in Andover, MA. I did not receive a grant, but did receive a juror's commendation. The following were the comments I received from her.

"A fresh eye, a fresh point of view! Nice technique, too, but I'm responding
    most strongly to this artist's individual point of view. Have look at Ralph
    Eugene Meatyard for more inspiration. Very nice, clean, smart work."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TEX View Post
    But what what was really satisfying about it was that both of us are among the few remaining analog photographers in the club.
    I got a 'best in show' award in our club's annual exhibition last year. Myself and one other are the only film users in that club.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I passed this year at our Academy of Fine arts to enter the 4th and last year.
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    very poorly!

I've entered several (danish) juried shows years back, and was always rejected. no exception.

I then met up with some international curators (from USA - england and other contries.)

they were mostly impressed with my passe partout's.......

ah well..

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin