Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,258   Online: 1086

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a few things that I know I would like to read about...

Toning/bleaching
    mounting, matting and framing
    Website design
    Submitting to galleries, competitions
    Portfolio management/presentation
    Camera building/repair
    Adventures in photography?
    etc.

If you consider that you have expertise, or even a passing knowledge in a subject area, consider writing up a few words and tacking on a couple of pictures. (Make Chris and David work really hard.)

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Copyright. We have a statement on the inside cover of each .pdf that states that all materials that are published remain the property of the author/ photographer and that reproduction of any kind of materials published is not permitted unless express written permission is obtained from both the author/photographer and the magazine. This also serves as a check that both parties will know one has been contacted because in all likelyhood the one would contact the other about the matter.

Carbon Printing. I have an article lined up for March by Roberto Carbajo on carbon printing. Some how-to, some carbon prints. I would love to get more material to keep in reserve so, Vaughn, submit something on your own time. And we'll see where it goes from there. Probably not anytime soon unless you get it in in the next three weeks or so and I think it would compliment RC's material nicely.

To everyone else. CiM exists because of the interest of you guys and photographers like you. So keep material coming in. If you feel the need to ask me first then by all means please do so. Otherwise just send stuff in and I will get back to you about it.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Chris, I did email you the article about push processing, but not sure if it reached you as my email has sent it back. Phil

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There are tow emails I can have stuff sent to.

c.walrath@creativeimagemaker.co.uk
    creativeimagemaker@comcast.net

Some folks have trouble with the one. Some with the other.

I've been a tad under the weather so let me check and I'll let you know if I got it.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Chris, I've been looking through ym nesg so that I can send some pics to go with my technical article about push processing, but there is a problem on some of them. Although I've used Fuji 1600 and Kodak 3200, unfortunately I developed the fFuji in an Agfa developer. Does this matter? Phil

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Honestly, it doesn't matter. Just forward the info pertaining to the particular photographs to accompany the article and I will include it in a caption. it does not need to exactly match your process laid out in the article. Just so long as they examples of push processing and I present them as they are I see no problems (ie. misrepresentation).
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We are getting the ball rolling for the middle of the year but we still need anyone and ewveryone willing to participate to get in some good technical articles. I know we a re a small publication by some of your standards with big dreams. But Rome wasn't built in a day. We have covered: Photographic basics, lighting, exposure, cameras, lenses, gear reviews, alternate processes, LF, editorials, portfolios and singular images, developing in coffee, you name it. So our subject range is wide open so long as it pertains to film capture.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you Christopher for bringing this exciting magazine to us. Unfortunately my technical knowledge is not deep enough to match the requirements of the publication, otherwise I would be more than pleased to help you. For this reason, don't forget to drop here and there something for us, the beginners and the not so experienced. I really loved your article on fill in flash. Some kind of "beginner corner".

As time goes by, the world goes digital and "manual mode" becomes an oddity in auto-everything cameras, I find myself trying to answer really basic questions to people born with digital and willing to give film a try. By basic I mean really really basic, such as how to choose your first film camera (which means an used one, nowadays), how to choose and store a film, how to find a good lab (this is becoming an issue). For people like me that started shooting 30+ years ago those are no brainers, but for beginners those are real questions and you know the power of a failure at the first attempt to turn away people from something.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    As I write on what I started writing, it keeps spinning off in new directions. So I'll finish the first article and get to work on the next eight.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    As I write on what I started writing, it keeps spinning off in new directions. So I'll finish the first article and get to work on the next eight.
    You go, Ole.

Phormula
    You are so right. I have a good beginner idea and I'll put it together for May I think. I cry the beginner's pieces but I have neglected them thus far. I'm glad for your readership and thank you for noting the slight oversight. It will DEFINITELY be corrected.

Everyone else. Let me know what you want to see in the magazine. It is yours after all.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin