Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,689   Online: 799

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Technical articles needed for Creative Image Maker

Perhaps not the type of 'Call' one might expect here.

But we do need technical articles. I'm short but not out. I don't want to have to fluff the magazine with portfolios only and I con't want it to become the 'Chris and Portfolio' show. I don't foresee that happening. As I said, I'm short on technical articles, but not out.

So please consider some good technical writing and get up with me. As to time frame, the sooner the better so that I can pick and choose for issue composition.

Subject, anything film-related that you are knowledgeable about and can write about clearly and concisely. Check out the magazine so you can see what we've done so far. Might give you an idea or two.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Chris I could do an article about push processing film. I say this as I used to photgraph bands and stage shows in the 70s. This was in and around London, from The Marquee Wardour St to the backs of pubs. I used Apan400, Tri-x and HP5 all pushed to 800, 1600 and 3200. I'm not sure how to get the images to you, presumably it means scanning, so if you want the article I will endeavour to sort it out. I mention this as yesterday someone wanted info about taking pics in low light.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello. Thank you for your offer and I think I might take you up on that. A darkroom process piece on push processing would be just what the doctor ordered. I just released the Feb issue f the magazine today in which I had published a Intro Zone System article, covering exposure and the EV Index. Something where this could be used in processing would be absolutely perfect timing. Very fortuitous.

If you can I would like to get something into the March issue so we have about three and one half weeks to get it in.

Let me know your decision.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Chris, How many words on the push processing article & I suppose I'll have to email the pics? Phil

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    As long as you want. I could fit 1,000 easily into one article. If I want I could make it even longer. Send everything to c.walrath@creativeimagemaker.co.uk

Don't forget to include a 4-8 line bio and a small pic of yourself.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I weren't such a noob....

Perhaps it would be motivational to potential writers to have a wish list of topics posted? That way someone might say "oh, I know that fairly competently" and then they can run with it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Actually in the fine print on the 'inside cover' of the monthly magazine with the submission stuff there is a basic list of topics to demonstrate that there is NO film-related topic we are not willing to cover. But it is in itto-witty-bitty print, indeed. But I might think about enlarging that into a larger seperate page. Not a bad idea.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Would you like an article on Carbon Printing? It would be an intro and overview of the process...a how-to article would be quite long. I have nothing but a manual written right now, so the turn around time would be a few weeks.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Copyright ?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    From the submission guidelines:

Copyright And Stuff

We'd like to make it absolutely clear that you retain the copyright on your images and articles. We won't sell them on, or pass them off as ours! We would like to have the ability to use them in either, or both, the website or PDF magazine - unless you tell us specifically where you want it used.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin