Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,701   Posts: 1,548,419   Online: 1035

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Simon, How exciting! Although my attempts at photography pale in comparison to the shots I've seen on this group, I think I'll attempt if I can get my darkroom together in time. I havn't bought any paper or B&W film (other than that wich is processed for me) so I'll have to get Ilford! I may just have to set up temporary space in the basement for my darkroom! Lori

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Thank You

Dear Simon, Ilford/Harman,
    Thank You
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_walls View Post
    I do not have even a fraction of the photographic ability to compete with the talent here in APUG
    Neither have I but that's not going to stop me!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    That's great Simon. Unfortunately I'm ruled out.

Stocking with 120 B&W film yesterday all the conventional Ilford 120 film was rather short dated 2002 !!! and only a few rolls of HP5 at that. I didn't check the XP-2. The Forte was of a similar age, but the 25 rolls of Fomopan was only 2 months out of date, all five rolls of Acros 100 were miraculously 2009-12 expiry date. Some of the B&Wv paper must have been well over 10 years old, the shop was well stocked, but with old outdated materials.

Talking direct to IstanbulI was told I could have fresh HP5 in a week but not the Delta 400 I wanted as it wasn't imported in 120 only 35mm.

So it's unlikely I could enter but pigs might fly I still have a few rolls of 120 FP4, Delta 100 & 400 and a Pan F left, plus a few hundred sheets of 5x4 now to find a darkroom or return to the UK before the end of March.

Ian
    Ian,

I'm surprised you couldn't find 120 Delta400 in Istanbul. It shouldn't be a problem. I have bought and used it here.

Also, you're welcome to use my darkroom if you can make it to Istanbul. My enlarger can take 6x6 negs and I can print up to 16x20.

Cheers,
    omar

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Last time i entered a BW competition (AGFA) the company ran out of business and shut down....
    As i am going to partecipate to the ILFORD/HARMAN competition start to pray for them :-)

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    An excellent scheme. Well done Simon and Ilford once again!
    I suppose my only slight reservation is that the final item will be reproduced directly from the neg, which precludes any dodging, burning etc. on the submitted print.
    A good excuse to get out and do some photography, if one was needed!

Best wishes,

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Simon and Ilford/Harman; it is so reassuring that you continue to support film and darkroom practices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, thanks Simon. This gives me a reason to get out and shoot. I have been putting together the 1000's of images I have shot for my Memento Mori series and after going out to shoot everyday for 10 years, and now not for two months I know I am in image capture withdraw. What a wonderful project for all of us and with us behing the competition nothing can go wrong with Illford.
    I certainly want to get on the list for the special papers.
    I just need some days of sunshine.
    Thanks
    Michel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tim_walls View Post
    I do not have even a fraction of the photographic ability to compete with the talent here in APUG
    Quote:
    Neither have I but that's not going to stop me!

Steve.
    I feel the same way, too, Tim - but I agree with Steve. I'll keep pluggin' away!
    Plus, it's always a good excuse to go play in the swamp.

Forgive me if I messed up the quote thing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ooze View Post
    Ian,

I'm surprised you couldn't find 120 Delta400 in Istanbul. It shouldn't be a problem. I have bought and used it here.

Also, you're welcome to use my darkroom if you can make it to Istanbul. My enlarger can take 6x6 negs and I can print up to 16x20.

Cheers,
    omar
    Thanks Omar, I may take you upon that offer, I'll PM you

I've enquired before with the regards to Delta 100 in 5x4 & 400 in 120 and been told they aren't imported, but this may have changed. My nearest decent photo shop in Izmir is has it's main store in Istanbul and they are very helpful, I also spoke to the Ilford importers two years ago.

It was remiss of me not to say thanks to Simon in my earlier post for all his support to APUG & its members and for coming up with this competition.

Ian

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin