Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,212   Online: 864

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

The 2009 ILFORD Photo Competition :

Dear Apuggers,

I said that I would arrange an APUG only competition in 2009 and here goes !

The board of HARMAN technology have agreed the following :

2009 is the 130th anniversary of the founding of ILFORD Photo by Alfred Hugh Harman in 1879 : We will produce a special commemorative 20" x 16" pack of MULTIGRADE FB this will be a LIMITED EDITION of 10,000 10 sheet envelopes :

Your photograph could be on it !:

For the first time EVER we will reproduce 4 images on the front of one of our envelopes ( this is why we will use 20" x 16" to ensure the image is a good size and also because it is sold Worldwide ).

The envelope itself, as well commemorating 130 years of ILFORD will also refer to www.apug.org and its support of analog photography and that all photographs are indeed by members of the APUG organisation.

If your photograph is chosen you will of course be credited as the photographer under the image, you will also receive a certificate signed by the Board of HARMAN technology Limited attesting to your image being one the four images being used to celebrate the 130th anniversary of the founding of the original ILFORD Photo Company. You will also receive printers proofs of the finished envelope design and a goody bag of ILFORD Products.

What are the rules :

By entering into the competition you give us the right to use the image for reproduction on the commemorative envelope, the ILFORD Photo website and
    any publication that reproduces the image from the press releases that will be issued.

You must be a member of APUG

The photograph must be shot on ILFORD film of any type:

The photograph must be sent to us printed on any ILFORD or KENTMERE silver gelatin paper.

You must NOT send us the negative:

Timescale : The photograph must be taken between today ( Wednesday 7th January 2009 ) and Tuesday March 31st 2009.

The Format : We reproduce all images on our envelopes ( and boxes ) as square format.

The Subject : The subject can be anything you wish

The print : The print can be submitted to us on any of our papers either RC or FB, it can be any size between 4" x 4" and up to 16" x 16" it can be toned, but if it wins, it will be reproduced for publication as a neutral print from a scan of the original negative. The print must be sent to us unmounted. No prints submitted can be returned to the sender.

The print must have written on the back, or attached to the back :

The full name of the sender :

The full contact address, Including the telephone number and the e.mail address : The date the photograph was taken, where the photograph was taken, the type of film, the format eg 35mm, 120, sheet film and the type of paper it was printed on.

Important : The image submitted cannot contain any recognisable image of a person who is not willing to have their image reproduced in the manner stated and will ( and is able to ) sign a model release to that effect.

You can send as many entries as you wish : Every entry must have the details as above on the back of every entry.

The print entry must arrive at the address below no later than Monday April 6th 2009.

No person entering can have more than one image reproduced, therefore there will be four winners.

Finally : I am very proud to announce that Dr.Tim Rudman has agreed to judge the entries and choose the winners of this competition.

The judges decision is final :

The winners will be notified by post : The winners will be announced before the end of April on this forum.

The estimated date of release of the limited edition product will be MAY 2009 Worldwide :

The address to send entries to is :

HARMAN technology Limited
    Ilford Way,
    Mobberley,
    Knutsford.
    CHESHIRE
    WA16 7JL
    ENGLAND

Please mark the envelope : 130th Anniversary / APUG Photo Competition :

We will endeavour to scan and put on our website the final judges cut of the 100 best entries.

I am sure you will have some questions, I will do my best to answer them.

I genuinely hope you are excited about this as I am !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I'm excited. Sounds like something to have a go for...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks for supporting APUG in this way, Simon!

I haven't been shooting square so much lately, but this gives me an excuse to load up the ol' Bronica with Delta 400 and give it some exercise.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think this is great!
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hell no toning, so much for quad toned lith prints on Ilford Warmtone, with Mr Rudman as the judge I am sure my submissions would be a shoo in.
    I have this extended red sensitivity paper that Harmon makes , would prints on this paper be accepted???

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This does rock. =)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    woo hoo!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a super competition, while I hope to enter, I also look forward to ordering packets of this limited edition paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just bought 10 rolls of HP5 to feed my Mamiya C3. I may come up with something.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BWKate can chime in on how it feels to win one of these Ilford contests .

Hmm - maybe that recent impulse purchase of Ilford SFX 120 has some karma attached to it.

Matt (who otherwise is a pretty loyal Kodak film user).

P.S. One question for Simon - is pre-HARMAN Ilford paper eligible? I still have some.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin