Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,981   Posts: 1,523,821   Online: 1175

Shooter
    Multi Format

Santa Fe Center for Photography - anyone enter?

I entered the Project Competition yesterday. Was wondering if any APUG'ers had entered anything at 'Center' (formerly the Santa Fe Center for Photography).

I also entered the Review Santa Fe, which is a big competition to have your portfolio reviewed by 'the biggies'.

We'll see how I fare....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am a reviewer, representing Fraction.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, cool. I hadn't considered any APUG'ers would be part of the 'other side'.

Shooter
    35mm
    Michael,

Good luck! Your work is of the highest standard.

I just visited the Center site for details of entering. Right. Like I belong in company with Michael.

The 2008 winning photograph is featured on the web page. I have to ask, "HUH?" Makes me wonder sometimes.

Anyway, good luck to all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I entered the Project Competition and Singular Image. I didn't submit for the reviews because it will be impossible for me to go, so I figured, I'd save a few bucks instead of seeing if I "jury in" for yucks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hiroshi Watanabe has my respect for doing that project. I am actually doing a very similar long-term project to his about North Korean refugees living in South Korea and China. A small gallery of images is located HERE.

Hiroshi's project was shot entirely in North Korea...the world's most repressive regieme. Personally I find it amazing that he was able to do any serious work there, much less come back with an entire body of strong images. I think he deserved to win. Granted, the images are austere and simple, but it fits the subject matter quite well. I have seen much of his work in North Korea and I really like it.

Venchka, don't be so hard on yourself...you belong in the same company as me...heck, you ARE in the same company as me, here on APUG! Hehe.

Shooter
    35mm
    See, I didn't have all the facts. Too quick to judge. My apologies.

Michael, you haven't seen my work. I am not ready for Prime Time. I am working on it. I try to get better each day.

Thanks for the support.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    See, I didn't have all the facts. Too quick to judge. My apologies.

Michael, you haven't seen my work. I am not ready for Prime Time. I am working on it. I try to get better each day.

Thanks for the support.
    No apologies necessary.

Where *can* I see your work?

Shooter
    35mm
    My online galleries are a mess. Please give me some time to get them in order.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Standing by...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin