Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,074   Online: 726

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Large Format Exhibition to benefit Cancer Research April 2010

Greetings Everyone,

The Large Format Exhibition to benefit Cancer Research is scheduled for April 8, 2010. The Middlesex Cancer Center has realized tens of thousands of dollars because of past generosity by the Large Format community. This year the Cancer Center has an advertising budget to go along with what has always been a lavish display of food and spirits for the viewing and exhibition of LF photographic art.

The formula remains unchanged, 50 LF photographers donate 3 different images of appropriate size and in return receive one free numbered ticket. An additional 100 tickets are sold to art patrons and discerning art buyers @ $175.00 per ticket. Each ticket is randomly drawn with corresponding ticket holder choosing any LF photograph which still remains. The evening is fast paced and quite rewarding even if you are unable to attend in person.

Guidelines for Submissions to "Raid our Gallery 2010"

Our guidelines are quite simple - we appreciate your cooperation. We have pre purchased clear archival bags only in the sizes listed below and the hospital has given us guidelines regarding subject content.

Format - we are promoting this as a "Large Format" show. All images need to have been captured with 4x5 or larger format. Output can be either traditional wet process (black and white or color prints), Alternative process (platinum, palladium, albumen, carbon, etc..) or digital prints.

Size - outer dimension of mount and mat should be 14x18, 16x20 or 15x25 (for those who shoot in panoramic format). Total thickness of mount and mat should not exceed 8 ply - i.e. a 4 ply mount and a 4 ply mat. Anything thicker will not fit into the bags.

Content The Hospital has politely made reference to what this benefit is about-- the celebration of life and those that dedicate themselves to preserving it--as such they have referenced their joy in receiving all of the work but in particular those that exhibit the 'life giving' qualities that represent what their work strives for. Images that are of an "uplifting" nature would be most appropriate. For example, scenics, still lifes, etc... will be more inspirational to their audience than images depicting urban decay. You need not limit your entry to the 2 genres mentioned above, but keep in mind the Hospital's need to present tasteful images that also have broad appeal.

Entry Deadline: For Jpegs of each submission February 15th

300 DPI & 2700 pixels on the longest dimension of the file
    Cancer Center is printing a complete program listing of all images and contributing artists.

Original LF Works: shipped to us by March 15th

Ship Entries to: NELFPC C/O Steve Sherman 2 Brandee Lane, Rocky Hill, CT. 06067

or

NELFPC C/O Curtis Studio 216 Main St. Durham, CT 06422

Lastly, NELFPC is committed to growing this project to larger more metropolitan venues and believe the project can be moved around the country and beyond our borders going forward. This year we are fortunate to accept LF donations from Japan and do believe one day soon this will be an international exhibition on the grandest of scales.
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Really looking forward to attending this year. What a great bunch of people in this group of photographers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I read all the way down to your address thinking it was Middlesex, England and thinking about attending before I realised it was Middlesex, Connecticut!

Anyway, good luck with what sounds like an interesting event.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a wonderful event and a worthy cause to support. I encourage any and all Large Format photographers to participate. And it is followed by a great weekend of photo events.
    I am looking forward to joining in on the fun again this year.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BUMP!!!
    gene LaFord

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This really is a great event. I have learned so much in the past from NELFPC members and events, and definitely looking forward to attending this year again.
    Matt Allard

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ok I am late but I just sent my Jpegs to Steve today, Gene if you see this could you or Steve confirm that they arrived.

I must say working with a large format camera was quite challenging , but now that I am a total expert with it , all that happens is incredible art is created at the touch of the shutter.

As a printmaker , I must say how incredibly easy and boring exposing film is , in fact probably the most easy part of the whole process.

I hear all these large format knobs talking about their lenses , and gear but really all you need is a pinhole and large sheet of film and then give it to a good printer to make the magic happen.

Steve the matted prints will be in your hands next week.
    I am really looking forward to coming to this event, and very happy to find out that Monty probably will not be able to make it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    ... and then give it to a good printer to make the magic happen..
    Do you know any?
    Let me ask you something. If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?

- Anton Chigurh

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    How dare you troll on such a dignified thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Do you know any?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Do you know any?
    I seem to remember bumping into one in Toronto last spring.

Bob - I'll check with Steve on their arrival.

gene
    gene LaFord

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin