Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,647   Online: 1135

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey artonpaper - quantity always equals quality! we're all about giving people who may not carry a camera around everyday an excuse to shoot...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In my eyes, it would seem a simple enough task to shoot say one 120 roll on 6x17 a month (that's four images), scan and submit. No sweat about that. Or, say 6x6 pinhole pix (e.g. 12 per 120 roll). Others though shooting 35mm would have a darned lot of scanning to do and it's not really economical in terms of time (unless of course somebody is paying you for it!). Analog-to-digital is what scanning your negs/trannies/plates is about — no escaping that. Got to jump on the wagon eventually!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by onemonthoneroll.com View Post
    quantity always equals quality!
    A-hem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by onemonthoneroll.com View Post
    Hey artonpaper - quantity always equals quality![...]

Faux pas No. 1. No, it does not.
    Why did you take a maxim (Quality, not Quantity) and wantonly disparage the truth is espouses? Your priority should be quality images from quality photographers, not lousy paste-ins like what is daily dumped into Flickr as bland, unserviceable and largely mediocre servings that pass as "photography". I'd sooner visit a website that has been carefully designed with an eye for quality and to hell with how many or how few photographs are there — so long as my viewing time isn't wasted.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Why did you take a maxim (Quality, not Quantity) and wantonly disparage the truth is espouses? Your priority should be quality images from quality photographers, not lousy paste-ins like what is daily dumped into Flickr as bland, unserviceable and largely mediocre servings that pass as "photography". I'd sooner visit a website that has been carefully designed with an eye for quality and to hell with how many or how few photographs are there — so long as my viewing time isn't wasted.
    +1

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    We don't think quantity and quality are mutually exclusive. Out of quantity comes quality. We're about getting people shooting regularly. When one's eye is calibrated photographically, thinking photographically, when one is shooting, practicing, honing their craft, quality will ensue - quality is a means or a process, not so much an end. We don't want to upset your viewing time, fish of the day...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Not to heap on but the quantity-quality remark caught me as odd as well.

Good luck with the site.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Meh....at least these guys are doing their bit. Not everything has to be about 'Fine Art'.

Sure, why not!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry,
    the image material is IMHO just mediocre.
    I won´t visit the site again!
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    How in the heck is this kind of comment helpful? They could simply not post anything, not set up their website, not bother promoting the use of film, but they did. This snobbery about the apparent snap shot nature of some of the photos is not helpful at all and is not helpful for the film photography cause…..but then again, I am sure people will consider it "hybrid" anyway and not pure….

No, I am not involved with them at all, but I have asked if I could join

And yes, I don't get the Quantity = quality comment, but hey, they are doing their bit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin