Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,541   Posts: 1,544,388   Online: 1020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ok Nige, that sounds ok

JB, is that how you'd like to see it done?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Heath View Post
    ok Nige, that sounds ok

JB, is that how you'd like to see it done?
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Thanks guys.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Any way to flag prints that might be available for trade when they post to the regular galleries? That way the poster could get pm'd by someone interested in their image, work out a mutual swap in private, then post the results in the swap thread. This would at least eliminate the possible embarrassment of posting something in the thread and not getting a public response there. Swap results could be shown without cluttering up the thread with images that turned out to be less popular than expected.

Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz View Post
    Any way to flag prints that might be available for trade when they post to the regular galleries? That way the poster could get pm'd by someone interested in their image, work out a mutual swap in private, then post the results in the swap thread. This would at least eliminate the possible embarrassment of posting something in the thread and not getting a public response there. Swap results could be shown without cluttering up the thread with images that turned out to be less popular than expected.

Joe
    Seems to me this is about the only way it can work. Posting the image to ones gallery with a note in the discription that this image is available for swap will place it in public view for as long as it lasts on one page of the public gallery. Perhaps Sean could include a line in the photo discription to indicate this image is available for swap so a Members search of galleries could be done on the key "Available For Swap".

Someone interested in swapping would PM the poster and refer him/her to his gallery for a trade. If it is not of interest to the OP he need not reply and it doesn't happen.

Somebody's nose will get out of joint at some time but that will happen anyway.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, this thing is lurching through it's evolutionary stage, for sure. I'm looking for the print trade gallery, and now all of a sudden, I can't find it. Maybe more coffee?

I think that being able to tag an image that is uploaded to the gallery is a great idea. One way that could currently work is to put the word "trade" in the image tag field. A person would have to do a search for those photos, so it wouldn't be immediately intuitive. I appreciate all of the input. I'd really like to see this work.

I do think that thread posting offering "print for trade" (PFT) are an important part of the overall scheme, to promote activity. If it is merely regulated to a gallery, it will die out, as before. Right now we already have four prints up for offers, that have received a fair share of views. Thats more interest than the trade gallery was generating by leaps and bounds.

Since we are doing responses by PM, if a print doesn't have takers, nobody will know that except the OP.

You gotta develop a little skin to be a photographer, anyway. Flickr awaits the fragile.

Nobody has offered to trade anything for "Spun Aluminium" Should I quit, or just make a better/more appealing print?
    Last edited by JBrunner; 12-17-2007 at 02:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Heath View Post
    yeh, it'd be embarrasing if you got no takers on an open forum
    I think your humour passed by some on this one Ray; but it made me smile. Thanks.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    35mm
    "Spun Aluminium Lamp" has been traded, and is no longer available. Details forthcoming, upon the approval of the other party.

Shooter
    35mm
    "Spun Aluminium Lamp" was traded with Thomas Bertilsson for his Lith "Wisconsin Capitol Four"

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...=30561&limit=1

The trade went through before Christmas but neither of us wanted to brave the post office till now!!

I'm very excited to see my new print!

J

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think we share both the anxiety of visiting the post office as well as excitement of owning a new print!

Next year I'll post something here for trade again.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think putting a tag in the info fields of the pictures is a great idea. JB, have you had a chance to ask Sean about this? Wouldn't take much to put in one more data field in the upload form.
    Gary Beasley

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin