Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,998   Online: 805

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just a bump to keep people thinking about shoot plans...

Shooter
    35mm
    i'm in

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I may be available. The family has two plays on the go at the time - one with oldest son appearing, and another with my wife.

I connected with Dave White at Christmas time.

His Mulitiple Sclerosis has flared, as it does periodically, and has him low on energy at the moment.
    He commented that there are some days he doesn't feel that he really wakes up until the evening.
    Different attempts at varying his medication have not been really successful to date to get him feeling better, and closer to being back to 'normal'.

He had a fun summer volunteering at a historical park run by the HCA, not far from his house, called Westfield.
    He dresses up and plays the role of late Victorian era itenarant photographer.
    He shoots ancient aerographic blue only sensitive film cut down from a large spool and loaded into holders. It has an effective ISO of about 4.
    Then he hand coats silver chloride and makes contact exposed salt prints from the negatives.
    There is a building where a number of them are on display.

Westfield It is mostly packed up over the winter, and he is just trying to charge his energy levels up.

I gathered a bunch of photo gear that someone he met a Westfield passed his way after he had high-grades what he needed from the pile, which amounted to a couple of dark rooms worth of gear.

I have booked a table at the PHSC spring camera show (May 27,2012) , and hope to have Dave there as a pal to help staff the table, gab a bit, and also to participate in selling off a bunch of the gear he has had a hand in gathering.

Photographcally he has also been fiddling with super 8 cinematography with black and white film.
    He captures on film, processes the film himself, and then telecines it into his Mac, where he edits it a bit, and adds a soundtrack, titles.
    I saw a couple of 2-3minute efforts, and they were quite nice. I suggested they were more than fit for youtube, but don't know if he has progressed to that.

He did one super 8 production of the Lancaster bomber from the Canadian Warplane Heritage doing a fly past that looks like it could have been made in the 40's. It was quite nice.

I'm hoping his energy levels come back with the warming spring, and we see more of an active and around Dave this summer.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi guys

i posted about going to the camera show a wile ago, cant go to that one spent the money

on another motorcycle. my wife may beat me if i go.

but i'm up for the meet. sorry to here about dave , hope he get's better soon .

i would like to know a little more about wis work . would be good to meet and

talk about it. maybe at the may show i'll look fore you guy's

al.b

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, thanks for all the info; I was not aware of Dave's illness. I hope he gets better and we will see him soon back in action. I'm still in for the Feb meet-up - I will monitor this thread for location and date/ time. Cheers
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm in if you guys will have me.

Best wishes to Dave.
    Cheers,

-ethan

blog?

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EthanFrank View Post
    I'm in if you guys will have me.

Best wishes to Dave.
    Glad you're in but let's all start cooking up some ideas, OK?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm good for the weekends of the 4th, 18th, and 25th.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So far those dates are good for me!

In terms of ideas:

Lower Don Valley/Riverdale, if nature photography is of interest

If people are interested in working with a model I am sure I could arrange something (I've been working wiith a number of Model Mayhem models recently). I could provide basic studio lighting and wireless triggers (Cactus 5) but we would need to find an interior space to work with (my home studio is not really big enough for this kind of event)

U of T - some interesting buildings there (e.g. University college) plus plenty of pubs/resturants, easy to get to on TTC.
    Nikon 35mm, Mamiya 645 & RB67, Leica IIIb, other bits and pieces

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like these ideas.

Working with a model would be fun also, I also have a strobist kit of lights with Skyport Triggers. Space may be an issue, or if it's not too cold, working out doors might be an option. I'll second UofT as well.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin