Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,665   Online: 915

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hear you, ultimately it is a matter of personal preference. I understand that. I have a problem shooting in the spots you mentioned downtown Toronto; isn't that funny
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by naeroscatu View Post
    I hear you, ultimately it is a matter of personal preference. I understand that. I have a problem shooting in the spots you mentioned downtown Toronto; isn't that funny
    Of the places I mentioned, the Junction is probably the mellowest with less attitude, fewer scary people, and some decent places to eat and drink. If not, then there's always the Distillery. What suits you in the GTA?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm good for June...the two days I have free are the 9th and the 30th (there might be guests in town, but I'm sure I can duck out to hang with you fine folk during the late morning early afternoon).

As for location, I'm game for anything. I was just in NOTL last weekend, and was rather well received, sure I was dressed as a private solider in the 60th Regiment of foot, and they do like their re-enactors there.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about the Beaches? I have done some great work on Queen St. East over the years and you have Lion on the Beach with their patios.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Like to try a 'hood you haven't shot before?

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Looks like we're solidly in contention for "Most Inert APUG Community in N.America." Or not? Might be nice to hook-up with the FPP crew like last year?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, hard to get all people on the same page. What do you mean by "a hood haven't shot before?". I like challenges, throw me a bone
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by naeroscatu View Post
    Yes, hard to get all people on the same page. What do you mean by "a hood haven't shot before?". I like challenges, throw me a bone
    Whatever people like. I've had fun just buying a TTC day pass(still $10)and moving along the Bloor-Danforth line and jumping off with short hops to areas that interested me. The assumption is that street photography interests people. If not, then what appeals to you?

Simply thought Uncle Bill might like to shoot something new--maybe not.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    go to Parkdale for a mixed bag of life. Not as antiseptic as Distillery nor overdone (SO overdone) like Kensington Market or Queen West (Spad-Bath). Tons of great bars/pubs/restos.

Then make your way to Bulger Gallery...

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by canuhead View Post
    go to Parkdale for a mixed bag of life. Not as antiseptic as Distillery nor overdone (SO overdone) like Kensington Market or Queen West (Spad-Bath). Tons of great bars/pubs/restos.

Then make your way to Bulger Gallery...
    Parkdale=OK area for food and drink but sometimes just too many people hearing voices for comfort. Roncy/Junction are other options?

Agree that Distillery/Kensington/QueenW are tired.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin