Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,830   Posts: 1,582,269   Online: 985

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format

Silvano Last Call!

Anyone's guess what's left but it will all be on the block this Saturday, March 24, from 10-2. I'm hoping to stay clear of the place but just might show up to take a few shots--strictly for historical purposes, of course! Right...

http://www.silvanoimaging.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I should go...that would actually be cool. See if anything catches my attention.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    I should go...that would actually be cool. See if anything catches my attention.
    There are Excel inventory files on their homepage but it's unclear if they're current. I heard the place was pretty well cleaned out--film is long gone but maybe some bulk chemistry remains. They had a fair collection of shelf queen cameras but most were supposedly non-functional. Be prepared for a flock of vultures.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's a deVere in the list described as "never taken out of box". I wonder if that means it is new. Probably already taken I guess. Some interesting mat cutting equipment too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did not go...probably for the best, I would have spent too much money :P
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Did go and it was somewhat sad. My brother used them alot some time ago when he used to do weddings regularly. Surprised that there were few people there at the start of the sale, as I was the 4th one in the door.

There was some discrepency between the list and what was actually available. I went there to see about some large format enlarging equipment including the 8x10 Durst heads listed, but they were already spoken for. Certainly understandable as the prices for them on the list were extraordinarily low, and if they got a better offer prior to the sale then they need to address their own interests.

I did pick up some large format lenses in shutters, enlarging lenses, and 8x10 filmholders for a small fraction of their worth, so I am pleased with that.

Now to find time to get out and use it...

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Glad you got some deals, Len. I skipped it. Didn't see anything to pull me over there. Silvano's was running on empty and it was surprising they held out so long. Their film prices were good but low demand slowed up restocking over the last couple of years.Their processing had gotten very sloppy as volume tanked--switched to TIW with no regrets.

They negotiated the shift to digital badly and never recovered their once-huge film-based wedding/portrait clientele.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My wife and I had to go ... as she worked there once, so we know Silvano Jr.

Picked up some old cameras as this was Silvano Sr. collection ... only one was non-functional.
    Apparently others knew about these camera's as there was not much left by 10:45am.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Does anyone know what the disposition of the equipment on the last lab equipment list (inventory as of 3/30)?

It still has the two Durst 8x10 Colour heads listed and those were of interest to me.

I tried folloowing up via e-mail,but alas no response...

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Middleton View Post
    Does anyone know what the disposition of the equipment on the last lab equipment list (inventory as of 3/30)?

It still has the two Durst 8x10 Colour heads listed and those were of interest to me.

I tried folloowing up via e-mail,but alas no response...
    AKAIK, Silvano's is history. 3/24/12 was it. No site, no phone. "Last Call" meant get it while you can. Sorry!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin