Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,852   Online: 806

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    ...and the streetcar morgue soaks up too much time. Other ideas(dates and places) from the crew?
    Ok, I have to ask what the streetcar morgue is. The phrase had me laughing out loud after my mind's eye pictured row after row of junked streetcars with Rob Ford attaching toe tags!

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    [QUOTE=Plate Voltage;1352098]Ok, I have to ask what the streetcar morgue is. The phrase had me laughing out loud after my mind's eye pictured row after row of junked streetcars with Rob Ford attaching toe tags![/QUOT
    Last edited by CGW; 06-05-2012 at 07:14 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Duplicate

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Plate Voltage View Post
    Ok, I have to ask what the streetcar morgue is. The phrase had me laughing out loud after my mind's eye pictured row after row of junked streetcars with Rob Ford attaching toe tags!
    You're closer than you know...

http://www.hcry.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh, I went there once with a friend but it was closed. I guess you could say the place was dead to continue the morgue analogy!

Anyways, that museum's definitely closer to my friend's place in Hamilton by but far enough to make logistics a headache since Guelph line's pretty good way from Toronto and would require carpooling if anybody who doesn't drive wanted to go. According to the website there's also a $25 surcharge for photography groups listed on the admissions page at the very bottom that'd have to be divided up too.

I did a couple of days of shooting the Scarborough Bluffs about a month ago and that turned out well. What about a day on Centre Island? I haven't been there in years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got hit with a couple of family obligations plus a fairly substantial schedule change at work so it looks like I'm going to have to sit this out since I'm tied up for the remaining weekends in June.

Sorry guys.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a great place to visit, I stopped in last year (for the first time since 1988)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/axle814...7626939983247/
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    It's a great place to visit, I stopped in last year (for the first time since 1988)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/axle814...7626939983247/
    Wow, now I feel old, I remember riding on those art deco streetcars and red trains in Toronto for real in 1988.
    Talk about going from Peter Pan to Rip Van Wrinkle in an instant...

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format

June 16/23 TO/GTA Meet-ups?

Depending on weather, let's try for one of these dates. I'm proposing a car shoot at the Street Classics Cruise at the Etobicoke Canadian Tire(1608 The Queensway). Since we're looking at the longest days of the year, light usually holds till 8-8:30, giving us around 3 hrs if we start around 5-5:30.

Not sure how much Luminato has to offer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gary, I'm done with the family events for this month so I would join the action on Jun 23rd at the Street Classics Cruise at the Etobicoke Canadian Tire(1608 The Queensway). I just bought a 20mm Canon FD lens that I need to test on my Canon AE-1P and I would also take my Hassy. Cheers
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think I'd be good for the 23rd -- I do have a question though (never having been to a car show before for photographic purposes). One of the models I work for is desperate to be in a vintage car shoot -- would car owners be open to this kind of thing (with them getting a copy of the print of course), if I brought her along?

Cheers,

John
    Nikon 35mm, Mamiya 645 & RB67, Leica IIIb, other bits and pieces

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin