Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,388   Online: 1079

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Two part Repair Tech Question: Who still works on Rolleiflexes?

I got a two part repair tech question

One, my series E Rolleiflex is acting up, it had an overhaul at Kinderman two years ago but I am now having challenges with the film not advancing beyond the first frame. I have to fire off the shutter twice to get it to go to frame two. I know it is something to do with the roller alignment. So who in the GTA is qualified and does amazing work on Rolleiflexes?

I guess the second part to this post is who is still in the repair business in the GTA? I think it's time to find out who is still active out there, what their camera specialities are and wether or not they do a good job.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I know you have been using Rolleis long time but if the problem is just advancing the film after frame one are you sure it is not accidentally hitting the double exposure button when you put a roll of film in? I know I was plagued with that for awhile, something in how I held my camera putting in a roll of film I tripped that double exposure button.

Other than the guys usually mentioned for repairs, (Harry Fleenor at Oceanside camera repair or Krikor in New Jersey, I hear that Paul Ebel is good:
    Paul Ebel Lens Services
    420 21st St North suite #2
    Menomonie, WI 54751
    USA
    651 335 8759

Not in the GTA but not that far away.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    not in the GTA but an apug sponsor/advertiser
    you might consider sending it to zack's camera repair
    i sent my rolleicord to him ( actually brought it to him since i live 20 mins away )
    it works like a charm !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Camtech, 588 Concession St. Hamilton, ON. I have gotten two Yashicas (MAT 124G, 12) overhauled and fixed, also my Rolleiflex 2.8F overhauled and cleaned there.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For anyone looking for Rollei service in the UK, I can thoroughly recommend Brian Mickelboro. He repaired and serviced my Rolleiflex after I had dropped it, very pleasant to deal with, quick and fairly priced.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    I know you have been using Rolleis long time but if the problem is just advancing the film after frame one are you sure it is not accidentally hitting the double exposure button when you put a roll of film in? I know I was plagued with that for awhile, something in how I held my camera putting in a roll of film I tripped that double exposure button.

Other than the guys usually mentioned for repairs, (Harry Fleenor at Oceanside camera repair or Krikor in New Jersey, I hear that Paul Ebel is good:
    Paul Ebel Lens Services
    420 21st St North suite #2
    Menomonie, WI 54751
    USA
    651 335 8759

Not in the GTA but not that far away.
    Good question, I will have to search google for an owners manual and see where the double exposure button is located and see if I'm hitting it. Worst case I'm off to Camtech in Hamilton (aka the Hammer) to have them look at it. As much as I want to send to Harry Fleenor or Krikor, I will leave that as the real last resort. My brother lives in NYC I can have him deal with the logistics.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin