Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,958   Posts: 1,586,110   Online: 1141

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Where Are You Purchasing 120 & 4 x 5 film? Is across the border the answer?

My supply is getting low & so I'm going to need to replace my stock of 120 & 4 x 5 film. I live outside of Waterloo so going to Toronto isn't as frequent anymore to catch the sales. I was really considering buying from B & H. The chain store in Waterloo, (I'm sure you all know) sells at list here. Any suggestions?

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Film stocks in TO have thinned out dramatically. Limited selection and high prices. You can try FilmPlus but suspect you'll opt for B&H. Their shipping is reasonable and they'll tell you upfront what taxes and brokerage will be on your order. The higher C$ makes it less painful, too.

The PHSC Fall Fair is coming up next month(see thread in this section) where you can get expired film cheap. It's anyone's guess, though, what will be on offer. Rarely anything fresh for sale.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    call Rob at

bigcameraworkshops.com

He has lots of film and paper. also he is in Burlington.

al.b

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I buy 120 film and lot's of other stuff from B&H. Delivery is incredibly rapid to Québec City, and B&H takes care of customs and taxes. Their shipping rates are low. For most things, the final cost is usually lower than from Canadian sources, like Henry's.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try to buy local when I can but honestly, my hard earned dollars usually go to B&H.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In addition to B&H , I use Freestyle, and Ultrafine Online (Photo Warehouse). Ultrafine pushes free us shipping in thier pricing (or used to) , but will quote you the out of contry postage rate if you ask.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Try Kindermann Canada in Markham. All Rollei Films and chemicals. Super service and repairs for Leica and Rollei.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Adorama is economical shipping to west coast Canada. Next day arrival in most cases

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hard to beat B&H for prices (and shipping) on anything but I've been buying chemicals, paper and some film from Beau Photo. Their prices are reasonable enough that I'm happy to support them. They're probably not as convenient for Ontario though but they are the best I've found on this side of the border.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I agree with most guys above. I buy all my film from 35mm to 8x10 with B&H. Their iPhone app is so good that it's a breeze to spend money. Problem is, every week I have to go back to work to make more money.

I recently discovered Beau Photo in Vancouver and will buy my Tetenal 5L C41 kits from them now. I buy my E6 chems from Foto Impex in Germany (It's cheaper. Can you believe it?). Thank goodness for the global economy.

As long as we support film and film related products of all flavours, I'm sure together we can weather this digital storm. I don't like when it rains pixels and SD cards.
    David S. Nardi Photography
    'preserving the beauty in nature'
    www.davidnardi.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin