Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,661   Online: 643

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Summer Toronto APUG Meetup

So it's been some time since we've had a solid Toronto APUG group, I know we're all busy and such, but I think we should aim for one this summer. So in that sense, I've already come up with a location idea and a couple of date options and may as well get the ball rolling now so that we can fine tune stuff.

Location: Don Valley Brick Works. I was there just on Saturday after the Camerama Show and realized how beautiful it is now (I explored the place when it was an abandoned hulk). Lots of hiking trails, and plenty of parking.
    Dates: Option 1 - June 8th Option 2 - July 6th Option 3 - July 27th.

What says the group...I know it's early, but yeah.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    how wuz the camera show ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for taking the initiative Alex.

All three potential dates are now pencilled in my calendar (yes , for real - I still use a paper day timer) they all are so far conflict free. I am interested. I always get reinvigorated going off to somewhere new to me.

The past outings I have made it to at Distillery District, Hamilton Harbour and Junction Triangle nbhd have all been good for getting my shooting juices flowing.

Brickworks looks neat from the shots I have seen in the papers. It may be helpful to figure out when the weekend market is on, becuase parking may be a challenge mid summer unless we get there early

Is this an itch that has re-started out of you FPP followings?
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm always interested, thank you for breaking the ice. I went few times at the Brick Works before they did the face lift and I'm curious how it is now. I'm open to go any of these dates; I will monitor this thread.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by canuhead View Post
    how wuz the camera show ?
    Camera show was decent. Walked away with a Polaroid 545i back for my Speed Graphic, some Rollei IR film (120) and Retro 80s (35mm), five rolls Pan F+ in 120, 50 sheets of 4x5 RDPIII (2005 Cold Expired), 125mL of Rodinal (the original stuff, unopened), and two boxes of Polaroid 690 (2009 expired, so pretty fresh). A good haul.

And yes, I've been wanting to do another analog walk here in Ontario last year, but never got around to getting an idea together. I'm going to speak to my boss (Mr. Raso) at the FPP Meet in Findlay next month, see about getting it promoted on the podcast. I'm also going to reach out to the Lomography store for promotion there as well, maybe get some hookups. (No Guarantee)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Currently looking at July 6th as the Day for the event...what says the group?

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd love to be there, but I'm in Calgary until the 4th, and driving back. The 27th works, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    6th still looks fine with me. I drop my son off in the earlier part of the morning at square one to bus him off for a week of canoing, and then the rest of the day is mone.

Once a few others chime in on the suitability of this date, I presume you may be cross promoting this event with the lomo crowd and the FPP crowd?
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    I presume you may be cross promoting this event with the lomo crowd and the FPP crowd?
    You got it! I cleared it Michael Raso this past weekend at the FPP walking workshop in Findlay, OH. It won't be an official FPP meet, it'll be APUG, but invites to FPP and I'll see about getting folks from the TOronto Lomo store interested also!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay, I'm going to lock it in. APUG Toronto Summer MeetUp

July 6th 11am at the Don Valley Brick Works.

I'm going to contact the Brick Works see if we can get access to the old Kiln room as well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin