Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,672   Posts: 1,481,822   Online: 1131

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Any labs in Toronto still doing colour prints from film rather than from scans?

I've just picked up the first film and prints I gave for processing to folks at Downtown Camera. I am quite happy with the film and the scans, but I don't like the prints at all. They are grainy, colours are a bit muddy etc. I've noticed the prints were made from scans not from negatives. I am disappointed to say the least. It I wanted a scan print I can do it at home.
    Are there any labs in Toronto that still use real photo paper for colour prints?

Also, could you share your experience with Downtown Camera lab? I don't mean to spill venom here, but I was hoping for something more professional.
    Thanks!
    Kris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't help with your first question other than looking up Bob Carnie at Elevator Digital. If he can't do it, he knows who will.
    Fuji crystal archive can be printed via enlarger and your negs or files and lightjet/chromira. Both use REAL photo paper.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin