Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,559   Posts: 1,545,244   Online: 870

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKrull View Post
    Well, someone is going to be disapointed in Henry's, but it sure wasn't me. Last friday I went in to order my new d****l body. It's still new, and I was expecting a couple of weeks wait for it. Part way through the order process, the salesman says "Would you like to leave the store with one today?" Huh? Sure! How?!

Apparently someone had ordered one from that store but not picked it up in four days, and to meet demand they were going to send it to Toronto to be shipped off to the next in line. However, the salesman would rather save the trouble and sell it from his store - to me. and so I walked out of there happy as a clam with my new toy.

Lesson of the day: if you order a high demand item, pick it up!
    So you're happy, and frankly so would I be, but the guy who was truly next in line got shafted and still has to wait when it should have been his. Not sure I like this business practice...
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think it would depend on whether or not a deposit had been paid for this camera. If they didn't, then tough beans, presuming the buyer had received several calls to pick it up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just spoke to the folks at Millennium Photo, they no longer do E-6, or large formats.

But still cover B&W and C-41 in 35mm and 120/220.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    Just spoke to the folks at Millennium Photo, they no longer do E-6, or large formats.

But still cover B&W and C-41 in 35mm and 120/220.
    So where on the West side of Toronto can one get E6 done in any format? And in large format?

Can one still get small kits for E6, or does one need to buy lab production quantities?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Good honest analog dealier in Canada

I now get all my chemicals and film from Big Camera. He advertises here on APUG from time to time. Knowledgeable and good pricing. He only carries quality products and delivers promptly. Just contact him. His name is Rob. Don

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwisps View Post
    I now get all my chemicals and film from Big Camera. He advertises here on APUG from time to time. Knowledgeable and good pricing. He only carries quality products and delivers promptly. Just contact him. His name is Rob. Don
    I know Rob carries 35mm rangefinder cameras and lenses, some large format related stuff, and B&W film and chemicals (I purchased 8x20 HP+5 as part of the Ilford ULF run last year), but does he handle E6 too?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For you Toronto guys I have been hearing rave reviews about Caribou Film Lab from photographers I know who are sending their film over there. They are doing process and scan for all types of roll film.

I've been tempted to send some film out there myself but it's a long way away and I've been pretty happy with my lab in Vancouver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's still Toronto Image Works which does a fine job and covers B&W, C-41, and E-6 and does 4x5.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    35mm
    Just in case, it may be of interest to you that chemicals for C-41 and E6 processes are available on my website.

http://www.argentix.ca

I also have a small quantity of Rollei color films (C-41, E6 or cross-process).

Have a great day!
    jacques@argentix.ca
    http://www.argentix.ca

Film can be tested; not time. Stop talking and start shooting...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since B&H started offering $9 Purolator ground shipping, I have have stopped buying film in Canada but continue to buy my chemicals locally.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin