Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,540   Posts: 1,572,767   Online: 913

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Home?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any and all, come out for a pint.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum244/...s-toronto.html
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The western burb here.

Mike Wilde here- living in Misissuaga, in the south end of town, almost rubbing shoulders with those in new Oakville. If you are from old Oakville you know that anything north of the QEW is just not the town it used to be.

Timothy will likely chime in - he lives here as well, just south of the Britannia Farm.

Uncle Bill, if you were agitaing for this regional sub forum, thanks for the effort If not, thanks to whoever.

Dinesh - I saw the pints invite - I am signed up to attending a Portrait Photo casual interest night school course on that Wednesday. It is the second week of the course. I was going to borrow a digithing point and shoot and attend the first night incognito to see if desparaging words are spoken about film. If so, I might be a late joiner to the social event instead, and blow off the second week class. I cant give up just yet film - I have just started to shoot 4x5, and then to improve my DOF in the studio I just spent a wad on a 2400w/s old speedotron flash pack and three heads kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    Mike Wilde here- living in Misissuaga, in the south end of town, almost rubbing shoulders with those in new Oakville. If you are from old Oakville you know that anything north of the QEW is just not the town it used to be.

Timothy will likely chime in - he lives here as well, just south of the Britannia Farm.

Uncle Bill, if you were agitaing for this regional sub forum, thanks for the effort If not, thanks to whoever.

Dinesh - I saw the pints invite - I am signed up to attending a Portrait Photo casual interest night school course on that Wednesday. It is the second week of the course. I was going to borrow a digithing point and shoot and attend the first night incognito to see if desparaging words are spoken about film. If so, I might be a late joiner to the social event instead, and blow off the second week class. I cant give up just yet film - I have just started to shoot 4x5, and then to improve my DOF in the studio I just spent a wad on a 2400w/s old speedotron flash pack and three heads kit.
    No worries Mike, we would love to see you there if you can make it. I have been perstering Sean for a bit about a Toronto subforum just so I could find more people (not named Bob Carnie) to drink with.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

Just joined. I'm from Oakville, work in Toronto.

Regards.
    Victor.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Looks like I am the first poster here, how many APUGer's are in the GTA?

Bill
    hi Bill
    I just joined apug...I'm a photojournalist at a newspaper in Lindsay, (near Peterborough). While I shoot digital at work, I've just ordered a rangefinder and am going back to film in my leisure time. I live in the Kawartha Lakes region...cottage country
    Mary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just noticed the Toronto forum was running. I'm up in Uxbridge (not far from you in Lindsay, Mary). I get in to the city once in a while but not vey often now. I used to work at Adelaide and Bay but got transferred to Richmond Hill 3 years ago.

Brian
    Brian McDowell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post

I think Dinesh lobbied for the regional forum, I posted first and got conversation going.

I live South of the QEW in "Olde Oakville" and I find everything north of Upper Middle Road to be alien territory. It sort of fell out of the sky one year.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hello from Orangeville!

I am very happy to see a GTA / Southerm Ontario regional group.

I live in Oranageville and work in Mississauga. I returned to photography about 4 years ago after being away from it for twenty years. APUG has been a great resource to improve my skills and always available with info and answers from some great people.

I am a black and white user, 35mm and 120 but interested in trying 4x5. I built a home darkroom a few years ago but do not get to use it as much as I would like.

Looking forward to seeing more replys and opportunities to maybe meet and possibly plan some outings!

Best regards to all!

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Outings would be cool, I shoot from time to time up near Forks of the Credit Provincal Park.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill - hi from Waterloo. Plenty close enough to the GTA!

Graham

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin