Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,546   Online: 861

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Craig;
    More likely the Iron Maidens.

Nicole;
    I have seen some of those stubby holders from Oz; they may get seized at Customs.

Brian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gatien View Post
    I have seen some of those stubby holders from Oz; they may get seized at Customs.
    Brian
    Naahh!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is cool, I am free on the 20th.
    Last edited by Uncle Bill; 06-03-2008 at 08:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

I wish that I could be there, but ....

I really wish I could be there for this one. I would be, but this is a particularly busy summer for me. I just returned from a one-week back-country canoe trip in the central interior of Algonquin Park. My nephew is an Environmental Biologist who organizes a trip like this every spring. There were five people in our group. As 'adventures' go, this one was a real "character builder" . It was cold and rainy and windy for almost the entire time. We even woke to snow one morning. As opportunities for some great landscape photographs, it was ... not great. I dragged that 4x5 outfit in a Pelican case, and tripod, and a whole lot camping and canoeing gear for the whole trip. On Day 1, we did the longest portage in the park: 5.3 kms. In the end, I only exposed 7 frames, even though I had brought 48 loaded. Of those 7, I really think I could have gotten the same or similar without being in the remote "back-country". Anyway, right now, I am in Winnipeg on my way to look for pictures in the Badlands of Southern Alberta. I plan to take pictures of 'everything' between there and Mississauga by the end of August. I have even brought chemicals and trays with me to develop negatives in hotel bathrooms occasionally. Anyway, when you guys get together, hoist one or two for me. I am sorry that I won't get to meet Nicole this time around. Hopefully, next year we will all have a chance to get together again.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TimatWork.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	10918
    Tim N. Roscoe

Celebrating
    Canadian Landscape

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I'll be there

I also may get there early enough to take in shots near the fence of the scrap yard down the street before the security dogs are out like they seem to be once the sun goes down.

The visual experience I get from my place in suburbia is pretty uniform, and I find it mostly bland. So all of the varied industrial sites within easy striking distance of Bob's lab easily get me visually interested in shooting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was in Toronto earlier this week, and it was great to meet Nicole, see Bob, Dinesh, Les, and a few others. I'm sorry I wasn't able to stay for this big shindig tonight, and hope you all have fun, especially after all the very difficult work that went into this past week.

Best wishes to everyone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Best wishes to everyone.

Me too.

Dinesh took this snap of Suzanne with my d*g*c*m at the the Granite. Les couldn't stop him.

I think he was trying to watch the Celtics game.

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Man, he must have the post-surgery jitters.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thanks Bob for setting up the BBQ

It was wonderful to meet Nicole in person along with Brian, David William White and to see Les Maclean again.

For some reason the photos of Dinesh did not turn out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Les Maclean chatting away.jpg   Nicole.jpg  
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Excellent conversation, food, and drinks. Made new friends and met an old one. Thanks to Bob for hosting and giving me a chance to meet Les and Nicole.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin