Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,175   Online: 1036

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Toronto Social Get-together

Since it seems that the last effort for a social in the centre of the Canadian cosmos did not come to fruition, I am going to wade in from the north.

As we know, Nicole Boenig McGrade will be in Toronto on the 18, 19 June. I suggest getting together on Thursday, 18 June or Friday, 19 June to welcome her to Canada. After, of course, the natural light dims.

An alternative, or additional date, is 28 June, the day before Les McLean Day on 29 June. That may have to be moved to the end of the day on the 29th since he has some difficulty with Canadian beverages and he should be at least semi-conscious during his workshop (full or not-so-full bladder notwithstanding).

Time and location to follow depending on response. The likely neighbourhood will be Eglinton and Yonge, Mount Pleasant, Bayview or thereabouts.

Any takers?

Brian

Shooter
    Large Format
    I would like that
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Brian, I'm in Toronto from 14th June until 3rd July but I do have committments with the Pride Workshop from 26th to 29th June, also a visit to White Pines to do some scouting for the Cornish Workshop in October. Why not try to arrange a time that both Nicole and myself can be at the shindig. I'll keep an eye on this thread during the next two weeks.

Do try to drum up some enthusiasm for the wonderful amber falling down water Brian. The folks who might attend the evening you are trying to arrange here would surely enjoy seeing you in the condition you were in when we were all at White Pines in February.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oooh... count me in! I am going to Toronto from the 16th to the 19th or 20th, to meet Nicole and others. Keeping an eye on this thread!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ok .. so I suggest a bbq in honour of the Austrailian gal, we can throw on some shrimps to make her feel at home.
    As well we will have some brew to please Les and Brian,, the bushmills are their problem.

I am thinking the Fri 20th evening after Nicoles workshop so Les will be present as well,, My humble home can be the location for the bbq,for those staying at the Roe Hampton it is a 3min walk... small back yard but comfortable.
    So all APUGers are welcome and workshop attendees,, bring your stuff to eat or we will supply hamburgers and dogs..
    If you want to attend pm me and I will provide the address.

Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That sounds great! I can finally meet some APUG people in real life!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Great Suzzane it will be wonderful to meet you again,
    Springfield is about a 9 hour drive..
    We do have people coming from New Haven , Waterford Conneticut area as well as Northern Ontario and Michigan for Nicoles workshop, so this will truly be a international event.

Also ,,, news fresh off the airwaves.....

Nicole workshop is almost completely full, we are now booking for the Mon and Tues the following week to do a repeat.

Looks like lots of people are looking forward to seeing you... No pressure now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob;
    Great that you have donated your backyard. So it is definitely the 20th June at Carnie's place. I will get the first three or four rounds. Just make sure that there are no flammable materials and a firepit if McLean is going to be there. I will gladly sacrifice my brain to drinking his Bushmills for his promise not to keep adding wood and stoking the fire.
    Les, I will bring some very nice sipping whiskey from the Niagara Peninsula and, of course, some room-temperature Guiness. And if you promise to keep talking, I will promise to keep drinking.
    Carnie, the Appleton Estates rum for you. And, of course, some nice chardonnay for Laura.

Suzanne, I am really glad that you are coming north and I am looking forward to meeting you. What is your beverage of choice? I am sure that I can find a Canadian option that will be a treat.

20 June, Bob's place.

We will talk about 29 June, Les, and the Pride Parade later and elsewhere.

Brian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be passing through Toronto that weekend on my way home from a course in the US. I was planning to attend the parade. Will Les be an honorary member of the Dykes on Bikes?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    No pressure now.
    Righteo..... Thanks Bob!

I'm so looking forward to meeting you all!!! It looks like it'll be a great place to hang out for a while. Not much longer to go.

I'll bring the stubby holders.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin