Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,347   Online: 1159

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

The Big One

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    The "big one" might be the one in March (29th?).
    May 31st. See http://www.phsc.ca/

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by David William White View Post
    May 31st. See http://www.phsc.ca/
    merci

Shooter
    Multi Format
    >>Originally Posted by Jeff L
    >>The "big one" might be the one in March (29th?).

I look at the flyer and the March 29th date was for another show at Thornhill Community Center off Bayview.
    Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No big purchases for me
    - a spare plastic 8x loupe for $3 ( I dropped my existing one, and it cracked, so a spare for the next time that happens was in order
    - a hard rubber tank with floating lid, and one 4x5 film hanger for $10. Now I have 2 tanks - one for dev, one for fix; the beginnings of a sink line. I plan to use a wash tub of water to rinse hangers between the developer and fix.
    - a home made lamp thing made from empty food cans that I bought for $1 that I though I could turn into a safe light. On closer inspection once home it turns out it is a home brew enlarger head, complete with a set of condenser lenses, a negative carrier made of masonite hardboard, and a lens cone that holds the lens. The lens has a controllable aperture , although I have no idea of what the focal legth or coatings might be; it is unlabelled.

My best guess on the enlarger head is that it dates from the 50's, and was made with at least some parts ordered from a kit. It had a square light gate, and the neg carrier slot that looked like is would go with a 127 film format, which fits with the estimated period. I have slightly modified the light gate to suit the dimensions of 35mm frames, and the thing appears to work just fine. I am tempted to fit it onto a wood mount to control the head height, stick a 12v automotive tail light bulb in it, and mount it in the back of my truck to serve as part of an on the road darkroom that I was thinking to cobble together for a 5000km road trip that we are planning for a summer vacation this August.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've wanted to go to one of these, but its location way out in Thornhill doesn't make using public transit all that favourable from a central location like Bathurst and Bloor. Otherwise, I would have definitely gone to one by now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    'The Big One' in the spring has in the past has run a shuttle bus from Kipling Station. Check the phsc web site to see if one is being offered this year. Otherwise, if you are in a pinch with GAS, and cash in hand, PM me a few days before the event. I usually go in the QEW, and up the 427 to Highway 7. Making a swing by Kipling to pick up at the subway would not be a big imposition.
    my real name, imagine that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin