Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,957   Posts: 1,558,053   Online: 1097

Shooter
    Medium Format

people in KW - 120 b/w, c41 and e6 processing?

As of right now, I'm taking my stuff to Henry's and they send out to Silvano's in Toronto. It's sort of a pain because:

a) the people at Henry's have horrible customer service and treat you like dirt
    b) it takes a week

Is there anywhere in the area that does 120 in the KW area for relatively cheap? Right now I pay $8 for a roll of slides and $7 for c41+bw, process only. Any suggestions/help?

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi there, I work at Black's photo... usually 120 has to be sent out, but the c41 machines instore can actually handle it, most lab operators don't know that though. If you go to the fairview location and ask for Jay, he should be able to do it for you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll develop your BW for $5 a roll! (I'm in Cambridge)

BJ Photo in Waterloo does C-41 for $7 & E-6 for $14.99 I believe. Labs are in house and a 2-3 day turnaround. They are located at 468 Phillip Street in Waterloo.

The last time I brought a roll of 120mm colour neg to Black's I put it on the counter and the guy looked at me like I was on crack, he didn't know what it was until I asked him if they processes medium format. (Cambridge Centre location)

There is this place out in Paris (Ontario) called "Little Photo Lab&Studio" that processes C-41 for $3.50 and 30 cents a print (4x4 inches I believe) They don't offer E-6 though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Ryan.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey Will.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The people in henrys on King are pretty awesome. There's this nice old guy in there I go to zehrs on strasburg and ottawa for color stuff, they do a awesome job on my 35mm c41, and I often drop off slide and 120 there to be send to toronto.

Speaking of that, I'd rather not wait a few weeks to get my slides back... anyone know a lab in KW that does inhouse slide dev?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Marko, the zehr's sends out 120slides there? what about c41+bw? how long does it take and how much is it for 120?

only inhouse place I'm aware of is BJ's in Waterloo and they are pricey..I think it's about $13 for one roll of slides dev only and it takes a few days.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Zenza, dev only meaning no mounting? Zehrs does it for $13 or so with mounting.
    I'm pretty sure they send out 120 slides, and I know they send out 120 C41. You might get someone who doesn't know what they're doing some days, but they'll call the manager or something, and they'll work it out.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

SMG

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OK, I just got two rolls of 120 slide film developed at BJ Photo, they were $13.99 each. Not a great deal really. I just checked on a few places in Toronto which are $6.00 a roll for E-6. I will be sending them there from now on.

The film did turn out remarkably well though, I am actually shocked at how nice the slides look. The slides were not mounted at BJ which is fine as I plan on scanning them next week anyway.

Marko, do you mean Ron at Henry's? He is vertically challenged and is probably in his 40's (which to me is not that old). He is my favorite salesman in there. Darren is pretty good too, but is more digital based than Ron is.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yep! Ron is awesome. I'll try BJ Photo next time I have a roll of slide to develop.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin