Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,743   Online: 1018

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Where to get Ektar in Toronto/Hamilton/Burlington?

Hi all,

I'll be in Toronto this week and am then heading to St. John's on Sunday for a couple of weeks. I'll be staying in Hamilton.

I'm wondering if someone in the Hamilton-Burlington-Toronto area has Kodak Ektar 100 film in stock. I'd like to pick some up, in both 35mm and 120 formats.

Let me know!

If there are generally interesting photo stores in the area I'm also eager to hear. I've been to Vistek and Henry's and Eight Elm. I'm curious if I should check out Film Plus, and there are probably others I don't know about that are worth a visit.

Thanks in advance.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't seen any Ektar on Henry's or Vistek's websites. I usually look for Ektar when ever I'm in a camera store. So far I have found none in the Toronto area. I just picked up four rolls at B+H when I was visiting NYC. I have yet to shoot them. In Toronto check Downtown Photo on Queen close to Henrys and Burlington Camera is a great store and worth a call. 905.632.7722. They have a website too. I have shot Kodak Ultra Colour and liked it if it's any help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I checked the Henry's Website and the product listing for Ektar 100 says it is in stock at their flagship store at Queen and Church. Another store worth looking into is Filmplus at Dupont and Symington (377 Symington Ave) downside, it's out of the way a bit. http://filmplus.ca
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim, there is this store in Hamilton that I'm sure you will like it. They CLA'd the 80mm Planar on my Hasselblad and I noticed it is an old fashion store where film still has its place. I was not looking for film so I cannot answer your question but it's worth a look. Cheers
    Roger
    Camtech Photographic
    588 Concession St
    Hamilton, ON
    L8V 1B1
    905-389-8545 ph.
    905-389-8886 fax.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    35mm
    I think this might be too late, but Downtown Camera on Queen near Henry's, as Jeff L suggested, has it on order. A couple of weeks ago I bought 4 rolls of their 35mm Ektar. I also called last week to ask if they had any 120 but they were sold out and I was told that they are on order.

As for Henry's, I called the Toronto supercentre location and they said that they did have 35mm of it but "never heard" of the 120 format. Weird :S

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Downtown Camera has Ektar 120 in stock. $8.99/roll.
    I picked up a 5 pack this afternoon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I ended up finding 120 at FilmPlus ($29.99 for 5) and 135-36 at Henry's ($5.19 a roll, very reasonable).

Thanks for the help, all!

I didn't get to that store in Burlington but I get back to the GTA a lot so it will be on my list of stores to check out.

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to hear you found some Ektar Jim, let us know when you are passing through again.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naeroscatu View Post
    Jim, there is this store in Hamilton that I'm sure you will like it. They CLA'd the 80mm Planar on my Hasselblad and I noticed it is an old fashion store where film still has its place. I was not looking for film so I cannot answer your question but it's worth a look. Cheers
    Camtech is a cool store and I have to get back there at some point and I am a lot closer than you, so I have no excuse.
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will be back in the GTA in November so I'll check in then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin