Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,492   Online: 908

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Studio Workshop in TO on June 22nd...

My friend Eryn Gombos is organizing a studio workshop shooting day on June 22nd, if anyone is interested. There will be experienced models and a make-up artist. It's an all-day affair with afternoon and evening shooting times.

The studio is near the Lansdowne subway station, and it's the same professional studio that I use sometimes. I think she's looking to have 5 models and 8 or 10 photographers participate. There is the expectation that the photographers will provide the models with a couple of photographs. There will be a fee.

If you want more detail or to follow up, contact Eryn on ModelMayhem. Her profile is numbered 468612. If you don't go there, PM me and I'll give you her direct email address.

Maybe more interesting: Eryn has control of an old aircraft hanger at Pearson that will be demolished in 2011. It's huge, old, and full of aviation junk. It's not available to the public. Some movie and TV scenes have been shot there. I've encouraged her to organize shooting weekends there. Large format shooters might be interested, either bringing models or just shooting the place as is. I'll report back when details get firmed up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David, thanks for the info. I'm not ready to dive into studio photography but I would be interested to visit and shoot the old aircraft hanger at Pearson. Please keep us informed.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Even just the exterior part of the building I scoped looks interesting; they just don't make hangars like that any more.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mike and I went up to the hanger to get some pictures. Here's some that show the interior:

4x5, 135mm caltar, TXP320, hc-110b, neg scans

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Eryn's probably going to set something up in August for any Toronto area large format people that want to shoot in this hanger. PM me if you want to be kept in the loop.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin