Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,451   Online: 1127

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

A moderator request to open a new Canada subforum for Québec?

Hi to the regional moderator[s] --

I am writing an open request to ask whether we can open a new Cnada regional sub-forum for Québec — say, "Montréal et la province de Québec"? I will be moving there in a few weeks and it would be a great resource to have a region-specific sub-forum which is presently not being served here. It would be open to forum topics in either primary language and, ideally, would not subtract from either the English or the French forums on APUG. Having a Montréal/province de Québec forum would also help social networking for film photogs in these areas.

Thanks for your time.

Signed,
    Astrid

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is the part of the quebecios movement?

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is a good idea. Sean is the only one who can build a new forum. In the interim, while you wait for Sean to get up up off of his unfeasibly large backside, you can setup a QB social group.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post

Steve
    Oh absolutely. You totally know it.

Otherwise, I don't follow what you mean. Under the Canada regional forums, the only three sub-forums there are include Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto. There's not a sub-forum for the second largest city, and I'd like to get to know my film photog counterparts once I settle in for the fall.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    That is a good idea. Sean is the only one who can build a new forum. In the interim, while you wait for Sean to get up up off of his unfeasibly large backside, you can setup a QB social group.
    Somehow I suspect he'll make you buy a pitcher the next time you have to face his front side for saying that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by accozzaglia View Post
    Oh absolutely. You totally know it.
    You got it. It was a reference to the quebecios separatist movement.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You got it. It was a reference to the quebecios separatist movement.
    Like Steelback beer, "It is what it is."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Being a Québécois, but now leaving abroad, I think that this is a good idea. However, may I suggest that Montréal be removed from the title in order to keep it simply "Province de Québec" or "Québec". People who are not from Montréal will greatly appreciate, if this forum is to target the province and not only the city of Montréal. One need to know that people from other cities and from the country side of the province usually think that Montréal is centralizing everything neglecting the other region. Therefore, that would be a good idea not to emphases on Montréal in the title of a province wide forum.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would be OK with that. The original idea was to have it more or less be consistent with the other three region-specific groups already created for Canada, which are all labelled by the city. I'll be happy with whatever is chosen, because it will be a great improvement over nothing at all.

The Montréal centralizing in Québec is definitely a distinctly Canadian urbanization phenomenon, as the same kinds of complaints expressed by out-province Ontarians are made of Toronto/GTA/GGHA, and when I lived out west, much of northern and eastern B.C. was showing resentment toward Vancouver for taking so many of the capital budget projects (I left about two years after the 2010 Olympics announcement).

Quote Originally Posted by jfdupuis View Post
    Being a Québécois, but now leaving abroad, I think that this is a good idea. However, may I suggest that Montréal be removed from the title in order to keep it simply "Province de Québec" or "Québec". People who are not from Montréal will greatly appreciate, if this forum is to target the province and not only the city of Montréal. One need to know that people from other cities and from the country side of the province usually think that Montréal is centralizing everything neglecting the other region. Therefore, that would be a good idea not to emphases on Montréal in the title of a province wide forum.

Shooter
    Large Format

Steve
    Quebecios are a breakfast cereal like cheerios
    Quebecois are a people, who, amongst other things, participate in the serial drama called Canada.
    Regards
    Bill
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin