Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,020   Online: 925

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Best E-6 processing in Montréal

Hi all —

Until the Montréal/Québec forum is created, the Toronto forum must stand in as geographically closest of the three regional Canadian forums (and I'm still in Toronto for a few more weeks).

Where do you process your E-6 in Montréal? How about C-41 outside of your typical Pharmaprix? Also, if you use Pharmaprix, which central locations still operate a Noritsu film processing lab with film scanner? Any lab techs who still know how to really operate one? I do know that my new university's camera club has stupid hours, so b/w DIY processing will be an infrequent (and well-planned in advance) activity for me.

Also, is there anywhere in Québec still working with Ilfochrome? If not, then it's Elevator, I guess.

Merci!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So far, it's going to be pretty much LL Lozeau or Boréalis. DAFO used to be the best, but they closed down last year or the year before.

Forget about Ilfochrome in Montréal, nobody does it commercially, and people here are already too cynical about film photography.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel Hardy-Vallée View Post
    So far, it's going to be pretty much LL Lozeau or Boréalis. DAFO used to be the best, but they closed down last year or the year before.
    Thanks, Michel. This certainly helps out a lot. Do you have a preference between LL Lozeau and Boréalis? Perhaps particular people with which you regularly trust leaving your orders? If not, then don't worry about it. I found a specific go-to person where I go here for E-6 — Toronto Image Works — and the results are now good every time.

Forget about Ilfochrome in Montréal, nobody does it commercially,
    Thanks. I was afraid to hear that, but not unexpected.

people here are already too cynical about film photography.
    Ah. A new challenge. I'm up for those.

Shooter
    35mm
    Elevatordigital?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnJazz View Post
    Elevatordigital?
    See above.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I worked for LL Lozeau at some point, so I have a bias. That said, Boréalis is the only lab left that will do cross-processing, so my suggestion is to try either and decide whether you're satisfied with the service, the prices, the delays, etc. They also do sheet film, something for which Lozeau does not have the equipment (they only do 35mm/MF)

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel Hardy-Vallée View Post
    Well, I worked for LL Lozeau at some point, so I have a bias. That said, Boréalis is the only lab left that will do cross-processing, so my suggestion is to try either and decide whether you're satisfied with the service, the prices, the delays, etc. They also do sheet film, something for which Lozeau does not have the equipment (they only do 35mm/MF)
    Thanks! This helps out a lot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I only used L.L. Lozeau once (when I was visiting the city three years ago) and the E6 they did for me was well done... I'd give them a try again. They were also very friendly, and very tolerant of my French.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Recently, I went to Photo Service. They have their own lab upstairs. You can even smell the chemicals !
    I developped C-41, and E-6. No problem.
    I asked how often they developped E-6 and the answer was "on a regular basis"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting, because the last time I asked Photo Service about their E6 they told me it was sent to the late DAFO lab...

My APUG Portfolio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin