Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,919   Online: 1021

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David, these are very good shots. I cannot believe that the interior shot turned out so well. The book on the table measured 1 EV on my spotmeter! Amazing. Can't wait until coming week-end when I will have time to develop my film. Thanks for sharing.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very nice shots David - you've been a busy boy. Agree with Miahi - that interior shot turned out very nice cosidering it was so dark inside there. I like themill shot too. Interesting perspective on the horse.

I'll be going through my film backlog over the holidays. I know I have a stack of 4x5s and about a dozen rolls of 120 waiting for me.

I'd be interested in the Airport shoot too. Let me know when.

Cheers, Bharat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks on the comments guys, and thanks for helping make those pictures happen -- finding the PoV for the mill, etc. Looking forward to see what you guys made of the day.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David,

Really nice shots of the village, I particularly like the image of the horse -- excellent perspective!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Rachelle. That horse is four years old. He's attempting to grow a mustache to buy beer. I may not have remembered it correctly...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Dim is a tripod's friend

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Monkey View Post
    Very nice shots David - - that interior shot turned out very nice cosidering it was so dark inside there.
    Well David and I were out lurking about the David Dunlap Observatory after the last gear swap show perhaps a month ago now. There was an old ham radio shack in a field adjacent the observatory proper. Windows were all boarded over, but the door was unlocked, so being curious, in we went.

Very dim, appealing abandon old electronic radio gear, no tripod, crap.

I metered and yes, ev was low. Pressed the little button to see the meter needle on my pentax analog spot meter. It was EV 2 to 4; don't recall exactly what.

We propped the door fully open, and I fished a folded up 4x6' white thick vinyl table cloth type material ($5 at Fabric Land) out of the bottom of my camera bag to use as a bounce reflector that I carry for just such occasions (and for the occasional on the trail lunches, and for kneeling in wet soil, etc).

David was considerate enough to act as lighting assistant and hold the bounce cloth to give the best effect at filling in shadows, of which there were lots.

Film was outdated superia or reala or something in a Mamiya TLR. I set the camera on the edge of some overturned furniture, focussed, stopped down one stop under wide open to account for that I could not really see what I was focussing on. I paused a bit to slow my breathing down, and openned the shutter and held it open on bulb until I got to a count of 10.

Well hell, I processed and contact printed that film last weekend, and the shot looks great.

Then there was the brick factory abandon crusher that we jointly did with LF and tripods that we lit with a white gas burning Colepan lantern as a light source. So many dim places negs, so many prints to make...
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was going to ask about that radio shack interior shot -- nice to hear it worked out. I know we went to reconn the observatory, but I'm glad we found the shack. I've come up with an amusing idea that I'll have to get around to as soon as there is a bit more snow on the ground.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nice 4x5 Great shots David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Finally I got a break and managed to develop my films. I usually go with D-76, the films I use the most are tested and I know what to expect. Unfortunately there was no D-76 prepared so I had to enter unknown territory but still low risk: HC-110. What I have here is souped in HC 110, dil. H developed for 5min 36sec which in theory should be my N.
    I was little bit sceptical about my results because I came unprepared for interior shooting - had only Kodak Plus X on both my small and medium format cameras. Still I love shooting in low light, especially old interiors like these so I tried my best. Here are some of my OM-1 shots:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Granma's table-1-web.jpg   Granma's table-2-web.jpg   Wash bowl and pitcher-web.jpg  
    Mihai Costea

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some more. "Spinning wheel" is one of the few shotds taken inside with my Hasselblad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Church-web.jpg   Spinning Wheel-web.jpg   God save the Queen-web.jpg  
    Mihai Costea

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin