Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,477   Online: 908

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At the end of the day, we took a coffee break at Tim Hortons. I told David that I have this idea of shooting portraits of people at Tim's but I'm too shy to ask permission. David was very kind to let me take his portrait so this is a good start. Next time I will probably have to bring in my monopod or use 400ISO film... images are not as sharp as they can be.
    I enjoyed the outing and look forward to the next one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails David-1-web.jpg   David-2-web.jpg  
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Don't worry about the sharpness, Mihai -- I've been told I'm unfocused by many people, so it's not your fault. Actually, I like the first one a lot. I'd love to use that one.

Great work on the interior shots, too. The spinning wheel is just perfect, and the window shots are very appealing.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't worry about the sharpness, Mihai -- I've been told I'm unfocused by many people, so it's not your fault. Actually, I like the first one a lot. I'd love to use that one.

Great work on the interior shots, too. The spinning wheel is just perfect, and the window shots are very appealing.

Thanks for your nice words, David. Please feel free to use the portrait shots as you wish.

The interior shots may seam too dark but I think they are revealing of my state of mind when I took the pictures: overwelmed by the leap-back-in-time feeling and stagnant energy of those places. I'm always disturbed when "our time" interacts with "their time" obviously stopped hundred something years ago. It is a dark thought so here you go...
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Folks - and a Happy New Year to Everyone.

Finally got a chance to develope my lot of film over the holidays (bunch-o' 120 and 4x5 from the past few months). I tried out HC-110 (sB 1:31) for the first time on this batch. Took me awhile to search out the times for all the various film types I had accrued and then work out the time for ratary processing. Was reasonably pleased of the results compared to my usual D-7. Certainly convenient in mixing up the developer as needed.

A few keeper shots below from the Black Creek Pioneer Village shoot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't know how I managed, but first time I got several frames with double exposures on one of the rolls. Looks like one of my film backs is acting up. Well, hope it's the film back and not the camera.

A few More (and then I'll stop!)

OK, so who's heading up the next APUG outing? Lets get another group together - enjoyed the company of the last one.

Cheers, Bharat

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey, those are terrific. I love that wide angle lens you've got, it provides an interesting perspective on the buildings. The jars on the table and the horse over the fence are my two favourites.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks David. The wides were with the 40mm. I also like the perspective it gives. The hard part is finding filters for it cheaply!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin