Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,944   Online: 973

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Good workshop to take

Hi all! This is something really worthwhile. Bob Carne and Gallery 44 are offering a worthwhile workshop. See below for description and link.

I know we are an analog group but this helps in going from digital to analog, which is in itself an interesting process. I have images which are caught on a digital camera but I want to reproduce them in an analog format. This workshop with one of the great analog printers, Bob, will show you how.

Digital Printing
    Instructor: Bob Carnie
    Sat. January 30 & Sun. January 31
    10am to 5pm
    Cost: $280/ $260 (members)

In this two-day workshop, Bob Carnie from Elevator Lab covers the essential steps to produce quality digital photographs. This workshop is geared towards photographers at beginner to intermediate Photoshop level. Participants will work on laptops (set up to external monitors) to achieve a photographic image with the best possible quality. During the course of the workshop, the instructor will cover calibration and paper profiles; how to set up a workstation to maximize workflow; colour neutralization, and colour theory; contrast and density; effective sharpening tools; dodging and burning; as well as adjusting final colour and contrast. After the first session, participants will send their files to be printed at Elevator Lab. The second session will be focused on evaluating the prints retouching them to make further improvements. Participants might also work on a new image on the second day. Students will leave with TWO 20x30 Lambda Fuji Crystal Archival print courtesy of Fuji and Elevator Lab.

Here's the link.

http://www.gallery44.org/navbar/index.html

I will also post this on the hybrid site.
    Marek Warunkiewicz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Seriously?
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This would be a good 'un...Bob Carnie and Elevator are both top notch.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've seen prints made by Bob from film. They are outstanding. Look forward to the analog printing workshop.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin