Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,713   Posts: 1,514,687   Online: 899

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As you might know I am part of Gallery 44 and am trying to gauge interest in alt processes and how many people might be interested in taking workshops. Topics would include New Cyanotype, Tintypes, Ambrotypes, Collodion Negs, Platinum/Palladium, Digital Negative making, stuff like that. I don't want to spend days putting together info, and doing all the work required even before anything is firmed up, if there is little interest. Workshops MUST have a minimum of 8 people to be feasible. If I was to bring in one of the "alt process icons" to teach the course, we might need 10 or 12 people to make it worth while financially. Don't want to lose my shirt doing this. Not doing it for financial gain for myself, by the way.
    Marek Warunkiewicz

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Gallery 44 has a first rate facility, gallery and wonderful administration and members.
    I gave a Photoshop weekend lecture early in January at G 44 and the facility and staff were wonderful to deal with.
    Gallery 44 has a underutilized 10 enlarger*4x5* workroom that is a dream for anyone wanting to learn. G Zilli gave a great lith workshop at G 44 and as Marek points out , with commitment he can bring in some great people and visiting Toronto for a weekend is a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marek Warunkiewicz View Post
    As you might know I am part of Gallery 44 and am trying to gauge interest in alt processes and how many people might be interested in taking workshops. Topics would include New Cyanotype, Tintypes, Ambrotypes, Collodion Negs, Platinum/Palladium, Digital Negative making, stuff like that. I don't want to spend days putting together info, and doing all the work required even before anything is firmed up, if there is little interest. Workshops MUST have a minimum of 8 people to be feasible. If I was to bring in one of the "alt process icons" to teach the course, we might need 10 or 12 people to make it worth while financially. Don't want to lose my shirt doing this. Not doing it for financial gain for myself, by the way.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Marek, what are the possible metrics in terms of cost(s)? I doubt many would commit without an upfront $ figure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm okay on cyanotyping, and no interest in digital negs, but please count me in as firm for anything else like tintypes, collodion, and especially pt/pd.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David William White View Post
    I'm okay on cyanotyping, and no interest in digital negs, but please count me in as firm for anything else like tintypes, collodion, and especially pt/pd.
    Come July and August, (and possibly some June weekends) I will be up for just about anything. I am very interested in all of the above. Hopefully the GTA can support some sort of high skills workshops. As I mentioned earlier, I am interested in some shooting weekends as well, and would be willing to reciprocate with some days in Point Pelee if anyone was interested. (Birding is only a week or two away, and if you pick the right days, September is great for the Monarch migration.)

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Point Pelee would make an excellent weekend trip. If anyone else is up for a road trip, let me know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David, Tom,
    End of May - beginning of June I'm "home alone" so I'm open to a week-end trip. If you guys schedule anything please keep me posted. Cheers
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Any traction on this, Marek?

Quote Originally Posted by Marek Warunkiewicz View Post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin