Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,315   Posts: 1,536,692   Online: 910

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format

International Camera Repair Auction June 6!

No clue what's left but here are the details:

http://www.phsc.ca/auction.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm going to try to drop by to see if the XA and X-570 I had in for repair for the last year and a half with this guy come up at auction!

Actually his shop had a ton of good looking stuff that was way overpriced in the day of ebay. If prices at the auction are reasonable, than I may come home a fair bit poorer.
    my real name, imagine that.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I tried to "like" the place for years but found high prices/so-so quality on most stuff problematic. Think I gave up on it 2-3 yrs back when medium format prices tanked on the big auction site. Never used his repair service but admit difficulty understanding the appeal of International.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm planning on coming into the city that day but if the images are supposed to be the cream of the auction I'll probably stay away...I have my eyes out for a decent 35mm rangefinder...maybe I'll swing by either way if I have the time.

Thanks for the post!
    -dereck|james|gignac
    dereckjamesgignac.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So what in your mind is an indecent RF?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I may go... mainly looking for darkroom stuff.
    The last time I was there most of the really 'good' stuff was already gone. I saw a camera show 'regular' clean him out of a lot of stuff about 3 months ago.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Suspect you're right, S-A. Not that it's wildly important to me but International's been in "soft" closing mode for months with goodies being creamed off by Stan's pals. Suspect the auction will be a dog's breakfast.Always thought the quality of most stuff he sold wasn't the greatest.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I went, and there were bits and pieces as well as worthwhile stuff. I hear that Stan held back on a bunch of his 'best stuff' when the phsc guys went to pick up the stuff to be auctioned. Then Stan had his remaining best stuff content dumpstered by the landlord, when stan had not vacated on time.

I'm not sure it was a rumour or truth.

There were about 400 lots worth of stuff auctioned. I stuck around between 11 at the start, when there were perhaps 55 bidder until 4:30, when there were maybe 30 lots left and perhaps 12 bidders remaining.

I came away with about 300 M2 and M3 (some B, some not) flashbulbs, at an average price of $1.20 per dozen, a whack of contact printers and 8x10 speed easels and a four bladed 11x14 easel for $5. I bought a long roll 35mm camera for the old 100mm Ektar lens for $10.

I also bought a bin full of video camera battery chargers for $5 for future project power supply options, and sold one at the auction for $3

I bought a mixed bag of darkroom stuff for $10, and came away with about 150 sheets of 8x10 dry mount tissue, 2 8x10 grey cards, a 8x10 safe light with and OC filter, and sundry other bits.

I bought a bin of old Metz accessories for $5 mostly for the telephoto adapter for my 60 series flash, and now ahave a slew of dedicated modules to fob off.

I do feel kind of worn out though. Lots I was interested in came up at random thought the day, so you really could not mentally unwind for the time you were there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What other things were there? Any 'really good' stuff?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Get ready for perhaps another Nycz auction?

I sadly saw on PHSC's site yesterday a notice that Stan has died.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin