Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,578   Online: 924

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format

GTA 120 Film Prices

Curious where you're finding reasonable 120 pricing/selection around the GTA. Although distribution issues have jacked up prices everywhere following Kodak.ca's demise, I'm finding Silvano's is now cheaper relative to FilmPlus on b&w and C41 by a considerable margin. Fuji pricing is worse. I know the PHSC meets have bargain stale dated stuff but where do you find fresh film at fair(sic)prices?

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jeesh, little wonder film's so pricey and scarce around the GTA--none of you lot is buying it! 8^)

Shooter
    35mm
    Whenever I'm in Toronto I just buy at Henry's or Downtown Camera, are other places significantly cheaper?

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No clue about Downtown's pricing but I've found Silvano's(check their website)is likely a bit more affordable than Henry's. For some reason, FilmPlus has jacked up their Kodak prices--once quite reasonable relative to other sellers with any selection. With the C$ drifting up to parity again, US shopping might be the best deal going.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I find that ordering on-line from B&H is considerably cheaper, just buy in batches to make the shipping efficient. B&H uses USPS so you don't get weird border fees, just the standard $5 fee and it is a lottery whether you get to pay the pst/gst.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Henry's Plus X pricing (120 format) is not much higher than prices in the US. I find that Canadian's are more likely to be gouged when it comes to colour and slide film.
    The only reason why I'm buying Reala here now is because it is unavailable in the States.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cheaper than $4.59/roll for 120 Plus X? That's what Silvano's sells for; $3.99 for Tri-X 120.

I'm looking for a GTA source for Chinese-made Lucky 120 or Shanghai GP3 b&w films. Found Lucky film at past PHSC meets and at FilmPlus but it's disappeared again--distributor problems?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I was ok with $4.99/roll for plus x - but I may have to hit up Silvano's for Tri-X.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Call 'em first to make sure what you want is in stock. Not everything's available all the time.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Apparently, there's this shadowy operation calling itself "kodak.ca" that's selling film from a secret location...the ghost of Kodak Canada, maybe?

http://store.kodak.ca/store/ekconsus...oryID.40676400

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin