Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,019   Online: 685

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Too bad you can't join us, Mike, but for sure we'll meet up at the Big One on Sunday. In case you don't want to do the spaghetti thing, I'll bring along my 8/16/35mm tank for you.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Long roll 8/16/35mm tank!!!. Oh Dave, now I'm interested.

I bought a long roll school portrait semi fixed focus type motor driven camera early in the summer; a whole $10 at an auction.

It has an 85mm view camera style lens with the shutter time section ripped out and an electric shutter behind the lens. The image gate I think is 33x44mm, and it swallows unperf film, though perf works if you dont mind it intruding into the image.

Mostly I bought it for the historical perspective of how the job used to be done. One spindle grab roller had dried out; I pulled it off, turned it inside and out and reinstalled it, and I am quite sure works just fine, but I was at a loss of how to process longer than 6' with the paterson tanks I have at hand.

Then I found that Ultrafine sells 100' unperf portra 160nc for sub $30. Oh, I can feel an new/old mad photo rig coming together with my recently restored Norman 200B and LH2 battery pack and head used as the light source.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mike's building a machine gun

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry you can't make it Mike; it looks the weather will cooperate!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    Looks like I am going to have to pass. . .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Great Kodachrome day!

Thanks John for the great idea for the meet. The weather, the colours, and the turnout were great.

It will be a few weeks for our Kodachrome to come back, so hopefully in the meantime you can post some of your non-K images here. Here's one I took with the Rochester whole plate loaded with paper... You sort of have to imagine the reds, oranges, and yellows!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails morningside-1.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A beautiful image David! It was great to meet you, and I'm glad you could make it out! I will post some of the Ektar images when I get them back sometime next week. Have fun at the camera meet-up today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin