Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,639   Online: 1110

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Setting up a photo walk in Kleinburgh Oct 16 to celebrate Kodachrome

Hi everyone!

I've decided to take the plunge and organize a photo-walk in Kleinburgh to mark the passing of Kodachrome once it can no longer be developed after Dec/2010.

I have set up a Facebook event for it, but if you are not on Facebook, the info is reproduced below. Please let me know if you would like to attend and whether or not you wish to reserve a roll of film!

Goodbye Kodachrome Retro Photo-walk

Date/Time October 16 · 10:00am - 5:00pm
    Location Kleinburgh, Ontario

More Info What better way to mark the passing of this legendary film than to shoot it one last time, a photo-walk capturing the beautiful fall colours in Kleinburgh, Ontario (home to the McMichael Gallery and its renowned collection of Group of Seven art).

As of December, 2010 the one lab that still processes Kodachrome slide film will stop this service, and the glorious era of Kodachrome will end. While Kodak no longer sells Kodachrome, it is still available on eBay.

Depending on numbers, I can provide some Kodachrome at my cost, and provide instructions on how to get it processed. I have bought 14 rolls online so far, at an average cost of $6.33. I will buy more if numbers warrant.

You're responsible for providing a 35mm camera. If you want to reserve a roll, let me know ASAP either here, or via email jgmeadows@gmail.com

Note: Digital photographers also welcome!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've got ten or so rolls, frozen for a while. I guess it's time to start shooting! So sad, this is.

Marek
    Marek Warunkiewicz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marek Warunkiewicz View Post
    I've got ten or so rolls, frozen for a while. I guess it's time to start shooting! So sad, this is.

Marek
    That's for sure. At least it had an amazingly long run!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Drats! I'll be leaving Toronto on the 15th (coming up on the 8th). I do plan on bringing much Kodachrome though, if anyone else wants to meet up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Damn good idea, John. I think I've got one roll left, too. Can you suggest a meet point?
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One roll of K200 in the freezer, passed on to me from a pal who has taken the D path.

I was going to shoot it this summer on vacation, but could not bring myself to do it. Thanks for the mutual support opportunity. I am interested in getting there.

I will see if I can arrange for my 7yo son to willingly come along, as older brother and mom are moving gear in for a community theatre production that day.

Somewhere I was surfing and looking at FSA images online this week, and saw a whole ton of 4x5 Kodachrome images. Oh, that was the day...

That being said, I too am responsible for its demise. It must be 15 years since I shot Kodachrome in my camera. I think a lot of it came from processing all of my own film. Why would I want to send it out.

Then again I have a whole family trove of memories passed on down to me in 35mm and 8mm movie Kodachrome. I even picked up a box of old stuff this past weekend at an estate sale that included two Kodachome processing mailers adressed to Kodak Toronto.
    my real name, imagine that.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Might be fun to try a series of(preferably west-end) GTA meet-ups as a regular thing over the next year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Kleinburg Kodachrome Shoot...Oct 16th

bump
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just to confirm, this event is still on for October 16th, but the location is moved to Morningside Park in Scarborough. Advance scouting has determined it has better colours, plus the parking is free :-)

I have obtained 21 rolls of Kodachrome 64 from various sources on eBay. At this point, 12 rolls are spoken for, leaving 9, so if you want to attend and would like to reserve a roll, please let me know ASAP at jgmeadows <at> gmail <dot> com.

Here's the updated info link. http://johnmeadowsphotography.wordpr...-october-2010/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like I am going to have to pass. The ESA has me replacing my old electrical panelboard in the house. Fix that by the 23rd, or risk having the power cut off. So I know what I am up to this weekend, with family andf dinner having consumed last weekend.

And just to double the bad karma, on last thursday I just got a roll of 50' of double 8mm Kodachome 25 movie film (expired 81').

I was going to shoot it, even though I know no one will process it now. I am aware that the dye filters in the film may have shifted, but the sensitized emulsion at 25 asa should heve not lost too much speed if I were to process it myself as b&w in the Dave White method (i.e. unspool it in the dark and toss it into a laundry tub of d-76, and stir with spoon ocassionally to agitate.)

Hope everyone has a great shoot. I will try to pass off my 35mm 200 to Dave when we cross paths at the Big One, and then he can wind it off and mail it in.
    my real name, imagine that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin