Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,073   Online: 970

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format

International Camera Repair is Back--Sort of...

Stan's apparently still in business in Mississauga after closing his Queensway store. Contact info here:

http://www.phsc.ca/homepage/StanNycz.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I said on another thread, PHSC's site says that Stan has passed away.

Condolences may be left on the funeral home's electronic guest book.
    my real name, imagine that.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    With Stan and Gord McArthur of Commercial gone now, who's left in the GTA aside from Winball for Nikon?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    damn. never got around to sending him a print of his last day at the shop

feb

Shooter
    Large Format Pan

I had very bad experience with Winball.

Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    With Stan and Gord McArthur of Commercial gone now, who's left in the GTA aside from Winball for Nikon?
    I had very bad experience with Winball. They couldn't repair my Nikon Camera well. And they don't have the instruments/equipment for the repair. When I picked my Camera up and found out the camera couldn't work well, I asked the questions, the owner Raymond couldn't answered it, then his wife said they would call 911. My God! Their small shop/work place is inside of the house beside the garage. The garage door always is closed.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by feb View Post
    I had very bad experience with Winball. They couldn't repair my Nikon Camera well. And they don't have the instruments/equipment for the repair. When I picked my Camera up and found out the camera couldn't work well, I asked the questions, the owner Raymond couldn't answered it, then his wife said they would call 911. My God! Their small shop/work place is inside of the house beside the garage. The garage door always is closed.
    Details? The man's English is not good, so his wife is the contact--never a problem for me.

No one's going to take your complaint very seriously without some specifics and background info. Sounds a bit like they promised nothing but would attempt a repair that proved impossible. Find it hard to believe they didn't make this clear.

I'd take this as a crank post(that you've repeated elsewhere today) until you provide more info.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin