Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,616   Online: 672

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format

Toronto International Camera Show--Sept. 19, 2010

First fall sale before the mid-October "Big One."

http://www.phsc.ca/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    worth a bump
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Les

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I cannot make the October show. When is the spring show usually held? Is there a date for it yet? Thanks. Les

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    I cannot make the October show. When is the spring show usually held? Is there a date for it yet? Thanks. Les
    Usually May. Check www.phsc.ca for updates. There should be another of these "little Big Ones" in January, too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    CRY!

I went to the fall show two years ago and loved it - my girlfriend bought her first TLR there and it was a beautiful moment. Now that I'm on the other side of the planet it's probably not going to happen - maybe next year. Consider this another bump
    -dereck|james|gignac
    dereckjamesgignac.com

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm a bit wistful about the PHSC fairs since I wonder how much longer they'll last. Both the number of tables and merch quality have been slipping. Each year, I say to myself "Same old mummies pitching the same old schlock." Still, I go back to at least two annually, more from habit than out of need for anything. "The Film Guy" had even older stock as supplies of truly short-dated film shrink. But then I find offbeat stuff like a trove of frightening '40s mugshots or some NOS bit of Mamiya or Nikon gear that make the trip worthwhile.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm greatful they persist, and the fairs still seem well-attended -- all things considered. I always come away with a bargain on paper or some darkroom doodad. Still kicking myself that I passed on a nice, new wood LF tripod someone had a few of...maybe this time.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin