Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,532   Online: 902

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Prescysol or Prescysol EF in Canada

Does anyone know of where I can lay my hands on some Prescysol (original or EF) other than order it from the Photographers Formulary? From PF the shipping is more than the product!

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your do better to use Pyrocat HD (or MC) as Prescysol keeps very poorly and Pyrocat gives better results. Welcome to APUG BTA

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My Prescysol has kept very well. I don't know if the results are inferior to Pyrocat but I am impressed with it.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    My Prescysol has kept very well. I don't know if the results are inferior to Pyrocat but I am impressed with it.

Steve.
    Comparing Prescysol I seen that that an opened part used bottles lose performance and oxidises in a bout 3 months, in comparison Pyrocat lasts well over a year (non Glycol .version).

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, my part B has gone black but it still seems to work o.k. and it has been between 2/3 and 1/3 full in the past year.

I do have some PMK Pyro to try though.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cheers, I was primarily interested in Prescysol because of the standardized dev times for multiple films and it's vote of confidence from Les MacLean on another site, but as I see that B&H (our online photography super store over here) carries Pyrocat-HD and their shipping to the great white north is reasonable, I might try that route. Any recommended 120 films, I am looking for smooth tones and good exposure latitude in the iso 100-200 range, I was leaning toward FP4+ with the Prescysol, is it also good in Pyrocat or are there better?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can't go far wrong with FP4+

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rdstoker View Post
    Cheers, I was primarily interested in Prescysol because of the standardized dev times for multiple films and it's vote of confidence from Les MacLean on another site, but as I see that B&H (our online photography super store over here) carries Pyrocat-HD and their shipping to the great white north is reasonable, I might try that route. Any recommended 120 films, I am looking for smooth tones and good exposure latitude in the iso 100-200 range, I was leaning toward FP4+ with the Prescysol, is it also good in Pyrocat or are there better?
    When Les McLean asked Hogan if Prescysol was the same as Pyrocat HD I'm told he shrugged his shoulders and wouldn't reply

Also Hogans instructions for Prescysol were originally an exact copy of instructions for Pyrocat HD.

Yes you can standardise on one Dev time for normal development wit Pyrocat HD for Kodak, Ilford, Fuji and EFKE/Adox films, probably Chinese films like Era as well. That's what I've been doing for about 6 years now. However Foma films need about 70-75% less development or they are far to contrasty.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also use Pyrocat HD for all films, it's gives me excellent negatives and it costs next to nothing to mix yourself. That said you must be very precise with measurements but easy enough with good scales.
    JON.
    I prefer it in the dark.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The time for Prescysol isn't very critical. I have developed for twice the 10.5 minutes with no apparent increase in density (someone called me on the phone and kept me talking half way through development!).

I believe that changing the ratios of A to B and the overall strength are the only ways to change its characteristics but I have not had the need to do this as it does everything I want at its suggested time.

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin