Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,701   Posts: 1,548,419   Online: 1047

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Film Shooters Meet - April 30th in Toronto

Greetings fellow APUs!

As an avid listener of the Film Photography Podcast, and being inspired by a meetup of listeners in the US I decided to start putting in place a meeting of such listeners in the southern Ontario region. And not wanting to leave anyone out, I figured once we had a date and location set I'd post here.

So April 30th (time to be determined) there will be a film photographer meet up in Toronto.

So ideas on locations include: Downtown Core, Distillery District, Kensington Market, Evergreen Brickworks.

Any other ideas are more than welcome! I'll post more details here when they get ironed out.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm another fan of the Film Photography Podcast, and just wish that I lived closer to Toronto.
    Charles Hohenstein

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cool. If you're into community-building, you might also think about a post-game meet-up and a subsequent opportunity to show/share results. I keep rolling around the idea of a westend GTA film-only group that meets on a regular basis. The area's "camera clubs" are either dysfunctional and/or paralytically boring, not to mention averse to film shooters. Anyone else?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Count me in (as long as my schedule works)! I am an avid listener to the FPF as well. (BTW I am also a co-host of the Film Photography Forecast show, along with fellow APUGer Ron LarFor4X5).

Cheers,

John Meadows
    Nikon 35mm, Mamiya 645 & RB67, Leica IIIb, other bits and pieces

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'd be up for any shooting.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm interested as well
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another FPP fan here. Don't get into Toronto that often but for the right reason I might ;-)
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Cool. If you're into community-building, you might also think about a post-game meet-up and a subsequent opportunity to show/share results.
    I like the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    I keep rolling around the idea of a westend GTA film-only group that meets on a regular basis. The area's "camera clubs" are either dysfunctional and/or paralytically boring, not to mention averse to film shooters. Anyone else?
    I'd be down, I'm not a fan of 'camera clubs' per say, but if it's just a bunch of photographers getting together informally have a drink, shoot the breeze, go out and have an adventure I'd be down.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    I like the idea!

I'd be down, I'm not a fan of 'camera clubs' per say, but if it's just a bunch of photographers getting together informally have a drink, shoot the breeze, go out and have an adventure I'd be down.
    It's the formality and hierarchy of the clubs I've come to dislike. It's also difficult to delegate tasks and responsibilities; often, I got trapped doing way more than I liked while others just showed up. That said, it was nice having access to studio space paid for by members' dues.

Let's see how many takers we get and go from there!

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OK, Alex, how do you and the GTA crew who posted want to move ahead with this?

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin